Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

Typical H2H. I'm 2nd highest scorer so far this week and come up against the 3rd highest. Squeaking past Philip Coombe so far 88 to 84 :)

it would take quite a capitulation for you not to win it anyway!

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Typical H2H. I'm 2nd highest scorer so far this week and come up against the 3rd highest. Squeaking past Philip Coombe so far 88 to 84 :)

Now you've got me interested to see who you still have to play, I would take taking BOF down for a week as this years achievement in FPL.

Nah, just looked you have it in the bag.

Edited by Sid4ever
Added comment
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sid4ever said:

Now you've got me interested to see who you still have to play, I would take taking BOF down for a week as this years achievement in FPL.

I was looking at the same thing :)

It's Mitoma, Isak captain + 4pts on my side versus Willock on your side. We both have Trippier, Estupinan and Mac Allister. So unless Willock goes on a mad one I should be safe. Famous last words...

• Sad 1

On 15/05/2023 at 21:36, Farlz said:

No Salah has also been pretty stupid. 

I always cock up the end of season big time.  

I have also gone without Salah and went Bruno about 6-7 weeks ago. Stats wise Bruno has been a lot better but he has hardly anything to show for it and Salah has been overperforming, also helped by the couple of soft pens they got.

Just reminds me to always stick to template and put pen takers in. It's a lot easier to go without a player knowing they will never be captained whiled Haaland is in the game.

9 minutes ago, a-k said:

Had the right idea captaining a Newcastle striker. Unfortunately for me I have Isak and not Wilson.

join the club.

tough one this week....if city win the league vs chelsea, then all bets are off with regard to their line up vs brighton. no player would be safe from pep roulette. mini leagues will be won and lost based on who manages to pick 2 city starters.

i currently have grealish in my 11 with isak on the bench, but newcastle are a win away from CL football next season and they won't want to need a result at chelsea, in spite of how crap they've been this season. it could be a big score vs leicester. realistically, isak and grealish could end up with similar number of minutes this week.

with question marks over ake's fitness, unless i hear otherwise he's on my bench too. crazy that i might have 2 city players with a DGW on the bench in place of players with singles.

the kicker will be if pep says ake is fit, he might well start both games to get match sharpness up for the upcoming finals

Captaining Haaland and not Wilson, which I only changed 10 mins before the deadline has to be the absolute worst decision I've made this season. It's cost me £150 by pretty much resigning me to 3rd place in my ML out of the money

Other than that I had a storming 106 point net week and green arrows everywhere

I smashed it this week.

Went for Wilson because leader in my mini league had isak but wasn't sure he was starting the first game so captained Trippier instead.

Paid off big time and now i'm 10 pts above him and top 25k overall.

104pts and a smaller green arrow than I'd have liked.

Think I'll be rolling the FT this week. Only dilemma is Trippier or Trent to start. Currently on Trippier with a 75% flag.

5a3f6f55-ac10-4729-b260-3689d793a356_tex

2 hours ago, BOF said:

104pts and a smaller green arrow than I'd have liked.

Think I'll be rolling the FT this week. Only dilemma is Trippier or Trent to start. Currently on Trippier with a 75% flag.

5a3f6f55-ac10-4729-b260-3689d793a356_tex

trippier either plays or he doesn't...there's no "off the bench for a 1 pointer" for him

a newcastle win guarantees CL and leicester seem in big trouble. it could be an ugly result for them. i already have trippier and wilson in my 11 but contemplating bringing isak in too in place of grealish. realistically, is grealish going to play over 100 mins across the DGW?

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

trippier either plays or he doesn't...there's no "off the bench for a 1 pointer" for him

a newcastle win guarantees CL and leicester seem in big trouble. it could be an ugly result for them. i already have trippier and wilson in my 11 but contemplating bringing isak in too in place of grealish. realistically, is grealish going to play over 100 mins across the DGW?

I've just used my two FTs and stuck Isak on the bench...he looks wasted hugging the left touchline and I can't see Wilson being rested with the form he's in and the importance of the match. Trippier starting.

Btw, looks like we're on a collision course for a final day showdown of our in the Draft league

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Btw, looks like we're on a collision course for a final day showdown of our in the Draft league

i should hope so, we're the only ones still playing!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, a-k said:

I've just used my two FTs and stuck Isak on the bench...he looks wasted hugging the left touchline and I can't see Wilson being rested with the form he's in and the importance of the match. Trippier starting.

Jeez what was I on when writing this

Started Watkins over Isak thinking Watkins will get a big chance...how can I be so right and so wrong at the same time 😅  could be a mini-league losing decision...

8 minutes ago, a-k said:

Started Watkins over Isak thinking Watkins will get a big chance...how can I be so right and so wrong at the same time 😅  could be a mini-league losing decision...

That was a mental decision.

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

That was a mental decision.

Time will tell. Isak on the left hasn't inspired me.

For what it's worth, 3rd in the league stuck Wilson on the bench. That one I don't understand 😅