Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

March can get in the sea. Mac Allister will be must-own now because of the injury. So that makes it an 8 player game, what with everyone owning Haaland, Mitoma and Mac Allister. That's the one bad thing about double gameweeks. It kinda railroads everyone into a template. Without that I'd be looking at the likes of McNeil or MGW, but you can't really risk that.

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

March can get in the sea. Mac Allister will be must-own now because of the injury. So that makes it an 8 player game, what with everyone owning Haaland, Mitoma and Mac Allister. That's the one bad thing about double gameweeks. It kinda railroads everyone into a template. Without that I'd be looking at the likes of McNeil or MGW, but you can't really risk that.

Yeah march has been a disaster. So frustrating because he seems to be their most dangerous player but MacAllister gets all the points. 

You're right, the teams next week will basically be the same. Estupnian, Mitoma, MacAllister plus Trippier, another newcastle defender and one of Isak or Wilson

I'll probably captain Isak next week as my season is basically over so I may as well do something fun

I will parrot Ben Crellin though and say it was a very good week to have a bad week. 36pts is my worst score of the season barring week 7's cancellation and I only dropped from 84k to 87k. Just shows you the power of the template.

newcastle are the early game this week so might get early team news

think it's almost certain isak will start, but with wilson fit there's always that element of doubt

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah march has been a disaster. So frustrating because he seems to be their most dangerous player but MacAllister gets all the points. 

You're right, the teams next week will basically be the same. Estupnian, Mitoma, MacAllister plus Trippier, another newcastle defender and one of Isak or Wilson

I'll probably captain Isak next week as my season is basically over so I may as well do something fun

From that list I have Trippier and Isak only 😅 I'm so going to lose my mini league

heading for the home straight now

2 FTs and really considering using them on the newcastle striker double up. there's a question mark around them both starting though and any early team news is likely going to be received whilst i'm sat in the villa tavern so will be a bit of a scramble to sort team out. thinking of just getting team set up as i still think wilson will get minutes across the double but if he's not starting i'd rather bring in someone more nailed on like botman.

50 minutes ago, BOF said:

👀

i need help. 2 options:

1) my original plan was to bring in isak and wilson (assuming they're both starting) but the rashford news means having to put in my starting 11 either ake (recent injury, pep cagey regarding his fitness) or grealish (rotation risk with CL match in a few days) if i do this.

2) safer option of bringing isak and botman in meaning i don't have the headache of which city player i need to put into my 11.

i kinda hope early team news says that one out of wilson or isak is benched which would force my hand towards option 2

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i need help. 2 options:

1) my original plan was to bring in isak and wilson (assuming they're both starting) but the rashford news means having to put in my starting 11 either ake (recent injury, pep cagey regarding his fitness) or grealish (rotation risk with CL match in a few days) if i do this.

2) safer option of bringing isak and botman in meaning i don't have the headache of which city player i need to put into my 11.

i kinda hope early team news says that one out of wilson or isak is benched which would force my hand towards option 2

Yeah, no-one knows Pep but I can't see Grealish playing much, with Mahrez, Foden & Alvarez waiting in the wings for game time and Real in a few days.

I might still go Isak & Wilson though. You'll want them for the GW37 game home to Leicester which could be X-rated the way they defend. The difference in scores for 36 mightn't be all that big regardless of which way you choose - Wilson or Botman, but it might affect GW37 more.  Especially if Howe rotates his forwards and you end up with no Newcastle forwards in 37 because he starts Wilson and rests Isak. I dunno. But I wouldn't rule out the forward double-up just because something else has come up. It might still outscore the other plan (and it's probably more fun :))

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah, no-one knows Pep but I can't see Grealish playing much, with Mahrez, Foden & Alvarez waiting in the wings for game time and Real in a few days.

I might still go Isak & Wilson though. You'll want them for the GW37 game home to Leicester which could be X-rated the way they defend. The difference in scores for 36 mightn't be all that big regardless of which way you choose - Wilson or Botman, but it might affect GW37 more.  Especially if Howe rotates his forwards and you end up with no Newcastle forwards in 37 because he starts Wilson and rests Isak. I dunno. But I wouldn't rule out the forward double-up just because something else has come up. It might still outscore the other plan (and it's probably more fun :))

this is my primary reason for doing it...bringing in botman is just boring!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

this is my primary reason for doing it...bringing in botman is just boring!

And having the double up front will be a good differential.  Most will have one, not many will have both.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Oh well I'll leave Rashford and March in my team and Mings and White are decent enough subs to come on for them.

Yeah, I took Rashford out. Didn't want to risk fewer minutes and a player at less than 100% effectiveness. But then I also had a Shaw-shaped home to Wolves tie sitting as first sub, and with the news that Varane is back and Shaw may go to LB I was only too happy to drop Marcus like a Rash #sorrynotsorry.

Bollocks

It was going to be a simple March out for Mitoma

Now Rashford's injury has made me take -4 to do Rashford to Fernandes.

If we weren't three weeks from the end of the season, I'd have benched rashford and hoped for the best but if he's unlikely to play this GW, he must still be a doubt for the next...

Typical H2H. I'm 2nd highest scorer so far this week and come up against the 3rd highest. Squeaking past Philip Coombe so far 88 to 84 :)

• Haha 1