Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

lots of rumours that the deadline is going to be extended to the kick off of the first match next season. i think it's necessary to be honest mainly due to pep.

DIdn't captain Haaland, captained Fernandes instead, might still backfire but I do have Alvarez too which has certainly paid off so far.

Currently on 39 points with Trippier and WIlson yet to play plus 7 DGWers

It's actually possible I might close the 20 point gap on 2nd place in my ML at this stage

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

DIdn't captain Haaland, captained Fernandes instead, might still backfire but I do have Alvarez too which has certainly paid off so far.

Currently on 39 points with Trippier and WIlson yet to play plus 7 DGWers

It's actually possible I might close the 20 point gap on 2nd place in my ML at this stage

alvarez is a punt that a fair few have taken which really seems to have paid off so far. i doubt haaland will get many PL minutes for the rest of the season and i'll almost certainly be picking an alternative captain for the final GW. i'm just inside the top 100k so pretty much whatever happens i'm going to have my best ever season so might as well have some fun. the only thing is who to move the captaincy to...so many teams have nothing to play for so i'm concerned about effort levels/minutes.

took a 4 point hit to remove Toney , replaced him with Alvarez 

didn't bother sticking him in the team as I played my "Bench boost" 

only for reasons I'll never get to the bottom of despite my screen on Friday confirming i'd played the bench boost .. I didn't   

thus I don't get the 8 points + Brighton  game for him .. but i do get minus 4 instead 

poxy game :) 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

think a lot of folks had trippier on the bench this week in favour of DGW players. meant i could actually enjoy his points for the first time this season...every other week he's had an EO in the high 90s so any point has been for lack of a better word pointless

Well I didn’t think it was going to happen but as it stands right now, I’m on 50 points and have crept into the all important 2nd place in my ML with a 3 point lead. My rival has 6 DGWers and I have 7 but a lot of similarity. As long as Haaland doesn’t haul, I should be in 2nd before the lottery of the final week.

Also currently in the highest place I've been all season just touching top 140k

Keeping hold of Trippier has certainly paid dividends in the last two GWs

On 19/05/2023 at 12:34, bickster said:

Captaining Haaland and not Wilson, which I only changed 10 mins before the deadline has to be the absolute worst decision I've made this season. It's cost me £150 by pretty much resigning me to 3rd place in my ML out of the money

Other than that I had a storming 106 point net week and green arrows everywhere

You're pretty much guaranteed to be top 2 again going into the final weekend. How risky do you go then. Roll the dice or play it safe? 😁

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

You're pretty much guaranteed to be top 2 again going into the final weekend. How risky do you go then. Roll the dice or play it safe? 😁

Currently 3 pts behind 2nd but I have Varane and Fernandes (also Captain) tonight and he only has Fernandes (not Captain) so I've a good chance of going into GW38 with a slender lead.

I'm hoping for early team news.

If Haaland plays, I'll be looking to move on Mitoma for Douglas Luiz

If Haaland looks like he's benched, it'll be Kane in for him

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

Currently 3 pts behind 2nd but I have Varane and Fernandes (also Captain) tonight and he only has Fernandes (not Captain) so I've a good chance of going into GW38 with a slender lead.

Yeah I know, I looked, hence my post :):P 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, a-k said:

I really need Rashford to play at least 1 min tonight, otherwise my competition gets Casemiro off the bench and overtakes me in 1st...

Homer Simpson The Simpsons GIF - Homer Simpson The Simpsons Please -  Discover & Share GIFs Season 3 Please GIF by The Simpsons - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by a-k

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

ouch...just had my de gea clean sheet taken off me

I went up 4k with that CS wipeout 😂