v Leeds, Brisbane (July 17th)

Interesting game. Not convinced by our build up play yet. Kamara and Chambers superb. Tyrone needs to blow out the cobwebs, some of his challenges were crazy and his distribution has been terrible. Douglas Luis needs to be drilled in his new position.

Magic Phil is just amazing. Missed penalty and all I dont care, I just love to see him play

• Like 1

I think we are low key a really deep team now.

Cash/Guilbert

Carlos/Konsa

Mings/Chambers/Hause

Digne/Augustinsson/Young

Kamara/Nakamba/Tim

Luiz/Mcginn

Ramsey/Sanson/Chuk

Buendia/Bailey

Coutinho/Traore

Watkins/Ings/archer

Think we are going to benefit very nicely from the 5 subs rule. That's 2 prem quality starting 11s. 

• Like 1

Halftime Positives:

• Olsen looks like a Prem-quality backup keeper
  • Chambers is quietly confident and didn't put in a foot wrong the entire half
  • Digne >>> Targett and worth the minimal cost to upgrade
  • Kamara fits into this team like a glove.  He's going to be a star this season
  • Bailey was immense.  Everywhere this half trying to make things happen.

Halftime Negatives:

• Tyrone made 3 yellow card worthy challenges this half...  Was lucky it was a friendly
  • Dougie & Ramsey were anonymous this entire half.  Poor movement to receive the ball and bad touches/passes gave possession away too easily in the center.  
  • Ollie works hard and will create chances, but his finishing is atrocious...  I think Gabby was a better finisher even.
  • Coutinho's penalty miss and follow up were really poor...  Just bury the thing in a corner and stop with the stutter step trickery.  
  • Gerrardball is still boring...  Never been more underwhelmed by a team this exciting on paper.  
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I know it’s a first friendly, but we look a different side, we are much more drilled, more technical, passing and possession much improved.

Dont want to get on Mings back, but he still looks a liability at times.

Bailey looks hungry, but we haven’t worked out how to play with him quite yet.

Love Digne, offers so much.

Lots more to come from this side, bodes well. Finishing must improve though or we will let points pass us by again.

• Like 1

Funny how different we see things...

I thought we looked dominant, possibly a little aggrieved not to be winning and a little rusty.

Thought J. Ramsay looked good, wanting the ball and direct as ever.

Kamara looks assured and some lovely passes, he will get better.

Luiz is naturally suited further forward and linked things up rather well with some nice passes.

Bailey is lively and quick which is good to see. 

Coutinho should have scored, however did you see the skill later on in the first-half over on the far touchline? Received the ball a little feint to bemuse their player and off he goes. Magician.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Cash’s passing has been garbage.

Finishing of everyone still dire.

Bailey looks well up for it.

Kamara looks like exactly what we need.

Mings has looked v shakey.

Olsen some good saves.

Digne effective going forwards.

Douglas Luiz looks good but his set pieces are still total garbage.

Agreed with that but not been impressed with Doug. Wants to take his time bit too much.

I doubt first 15 mins at Bournemouth will be as intense as first 15 here. Ferocious from both sides.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Halftime Positives:

• Olsen looks like a Prem-quality backup keeper
  • Chambers is quietly confident and didn't put in a foot wrong the entire half
  • Digne >>> Targett and worth the minimal cost to upgrade
  • Kamara fits into this team like a glove.  He's going to be a star this season
  • Bailey was immense.  Everywhere this half trying to make things happen.

Halftime Negatives:

• Tyrone made 3 yellow card worthy challenges this half...  Was lucky it was a friendly
  • Dougie & Ramsey were anonymous this entire half.  Poor movement to receive the ball and bad touches/passes gave possession away too easily in the center.  
  • Ollie works hard and will create chances, but his finishing is atrocious...  I think Gabby was a better finisher even.
  • Coutinho's penalty miss and follow up were really poor...  Just bury the thing in a corner and stop with the stutter step trickery.  
  • Gerrardball is still boring...  Never been more underwhelmed by a team this exciting on paper.  

Someone hasn’t been watching Southgateball..

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Agreed with that but not been impressed with Doug. Wants to take his time bit too much.

I doubt first 15 mins at Bournemouth will be as intense as first 15 here. Ferocious from both sides.

He's way quicker on the ball in forward areas than Mcginn. The one time he's not been decisive he was caught out but both him and chambers recovered well. But that incident probably sticks out in your mind more than the all the 1 touch give and goes with Bailey and Coutinho. If cash was having a better game Luiz would be looking a lot better.

Early days, but some of the old flaws still look to be present and correct:

Ponderous Mings

Wasteful finishing

Lack of fluidity/harem scarem

On the plus side, Couthino has shown some beautiful touches, easily our best performer and Olsen has impressed.

As I say, early days.

Extremely encouraging half from Bailey, really seems to have the bit between his teeth for this season which is good to see. Just hope his body can hold up. Some nice flashes and he actually made some good runs in behind where he'd have been away down the wing had a teammate been able to pick him out.

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I think another CB and forward may just be demanded before the window closes.

I don’t think so re CB but I think Mings could lose his place to Chambers, benefit of Carlos being able to play both sides.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He's way quicker on the ball in forward areas than Mcginn. The one time he's not been decisive he was caught out but both him and chambers recovered well. But that incident probably sticks out in your mind more than the all the 1 touch give and goes with Bailey and Coutinho. If cash was having a better game Luiz would be looking a lot better.

I thought it capped off the half for him and, as always, with the casual lot like Doug and Mings  you can see when they're going to lose the ball before they do.

It is early though, maybe he did more good work than I remember.

Â