v Leeds, Brisbane (July 17th)

Just happened to wake up 5 minutes before kick off so have decided to try to stick it out, not sure I'll last particularly long.

First couple of minutes were rough as we were struggling with their press, but the intensity of that was always going to be hard for them to maintain, especially in pre-season.  Some decent stuff being played since.

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

Kamara drops back very deep, almost like another CB, you can tell he will get a lot of key passes and assists from deep this season. exciting signing

With how far our full backs push up its necessary so our cbs aren't making 30 yard passes with no one behind them. Plus if one of them gets caught in posession the cover isn't on the other side of the 18 yard box. It also creates way more passing angles out of defence. 

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Could this season be a fresh start for Bailey? He’s looking well up for it and fit.

I really hope so. Gerrard seems to fully trust and rate him and so far he looks totally different. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

With how far our full backs push up its necessary so our cbs aren't making 30 yard passes with no one behind them. Plus if one of them gets caught in posession the cover isn't on the other side of the 18 yard box. It also creates way more passing angles out of defence. 

yes i think thats what will help us this season, being more accurate in passing from those angles. Think he will add a heck of a lot to this midfield

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Kamara looks class, first Villa player in recent history not to use the keeper when last man back actually played forward ball

Yeah, it's only a small thing but that ball out to Cash I'm guessing you're referring to is something you've just not seen from a Villa player in a while. Thought the same of Carlos vs Walsall, hard to read into it too much but encouraging all the same.

Â