Kia Joorabchian

HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Makes "Uncle Jorge" at Wolves look like Santa Claus.

It's a tad speculative but what do we think about the link between the club and Kia? If it's true & deep rooted it's a disaster waitinf to happen imo

Don’t think there is a link and if there was, why do you think it would end in disaster?

• Like 1

So El Ghazi came to us on loan before signing a permanent 3 years ago. He has been surplus to requirements for us this season so Kia got him loaned to Everton 

Coutinho we have got for 17 mill and he has taken a massive paycut . 

Luiz has recently changed agent to Kia with a view i think of getting a decent move . 

And finally he MIGHT have helped with Diego Carlos. 

Looks like he has been a decent agent in terms of dealing with us . 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Because he's a bastard and it always will do

Is he any worse than any of the rest? Since that dodgy transfer/part ownership thing with Tevez and Mascherano he hasn’t really been up to much publicly as far as I am aware. Just working away as a ‘normal’ football agent. 

I can't find any references whatsoever to us having some sort of Mendes style association with Joorabhian, there's not even a rumor of it, the only connection we have to him is that he's Coutinho's agent, none of our other players are with his agency.

He helped with El Ghazi because he's an adviser to Everton owner Farhad Moshiri.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Clubs use agents all the time. I don’t imagine he’s a nice bloke but most of them probably aren’t. They’re a necessary evil unfortunately. Nothing to see here. 

They’re a symptom of what the game has become. Not the cause of it.

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I actually thought El Ghazi was a Mendes client as after Wolves success we apparently worked with him on a few deals after they went up, that random Portugal keeper who played one game in the cup for us was certainly someone who came in that way.

That's just the reality of football for most clubs now bar odd ones like Brighton and Brentford that have fantastic scouting networks or really go deep in analysis.

Most clubs just get an agent to shop around their clients and see who's up for coming, have a look at the why Cardiff signed the late Emiliano Sala. It certainly wasn't because they'd scouted him much, Nantes appointed a U.K based agent to sell him that window and he got shopped around a few clubs.

• Like 1

Middle men always get painted as words removed because it’s easier to blame them than the people at either end of the deal. But they’re just doing a job. Look at the Kane situation at Spurs and you realise why players rely on them.

• Like 1

As long as Aston Villa still have a say in which of his clients they sign then I don't see the issue. Having a good working relationship with agents (or "super agents") doesn't seem like a negative. In theory treating agents nice so they keep us in mind when their client wants to move is just smart business. That said there doesn't seem to be much in this link. 

Edited by Daweii

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

They’re a symptom of what the game has become. Not the cause of it.

spacer.png

100% - and if they didn’t exist, clubs would take advantage of players. There are no nice people on either side of this - it’s just the real world…

• Like 1

Â