Kia Joorabchian

HalfTimePost

This guys a grade A cock next to the agent who recently passed away.

Not many clubs will deal with him in the Prem, I can believe Carlos's fee, plus the 8 mil to his agent is what we don't hear about.

Probably why no other clubs wanted to negotiate. 

His MO back in the Tevez/Mascherano era was to sign talented, poverty stricken potential professional players and get them moves. The first move may be lucrative or not, but the subsequent ones were the ones which he knew would yield the results. Tevez went for big money to Man U at the time and the same for Mascherano....those deals stunk to high heaven though, something very dodgy about them holding up the west ham shirt in 2007!

with regards to the other players, he probably just saw that they were talented and that he could help get them moves to bigger teams who pay better salaries, meaning more money for him. Those players turned out to be half decent and a good option for us at the time. Probably nothing more to it than that, just that he happened to be the agent of these players.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not many clubs will deal with him in the Prem

He’s got clients at almost every club and is really good mates with various others - works as a consultant for Edu at Arsenal for example, on top of what he has very publicly been doing for Everton (with less success…)

Now, should that be allowed? Maybe not - I am one who believes you should only be able to represent one of the buying club, the selling club or the player… and Joorabchian will often be doing all three (eg in Odegaard’s move to Arsenal)… but I don’t think you can claim clubs won’t work with him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This guys a grade A cock next to the agent who recently passed away.

Not many clubs will deal with him in the Prem, I can believe Carlos's fee, plus the 8 mil to his agent is what we don't hear about.

Probably why no other clubs wanted to negotiate. 

Why would top players be signed up with him if he is a grade a cock ? What does that say about them / us ? … We’ve worked with Mendes, Wasserman & now just happens to be Kia  - Joorabchian… We spent under £10mill in agents fees last summer so let’s see next accounts. 

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s got clients at almost every club and is really good mates with various others - works as a consultant for Edu at Arsenal for example, on top of what he has very publicly been doing for Everton (with less success…)

Now, should that be allowed? Maybe not - I am one who believes you should only be able to represent one of the buying club, the selling club or the player… and Joorabchian will often be doing all three (eg in Odegaard’s move to Arsenal)… but I don’t think you can claim clubs won’t work with him.

The Arsenal part is a bit dodgy, I think I read he is Edu agent as well and that Pablo Mari signing was a favour to him

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Why would top players be signed up with him if he is a grade a cock ? What does that say about them / us ? … We’ve worked with Mendes, Wasserman & now just happens to be Kia  - Joorabchian… We spent under £10mill in agents fees last summer so let’s see next accounts. 

The simple answer is he’s just good at what he does. Makes himself a fortune, makes his clients a fortune, gets clubs what they want and they will pay the price, happy or not. He’s symptomatic of the awful agent culture. I don’t blame him - he’s making good business playing the game. It’s the game that’s ****. 

If he makes his players a fortune and gets them the move he wants, why wouldn’t they hire him? Doesn’t stop him being a Grade A cock. 

• Like 1

If you listen to the last couple of minutes you can hear that he actually seems very different to Raiola used to be . Obviously take it with a pinch of salt but he gets that in the long term all these free transfers will harm football and therefore harm his business. All agents tend to be grade A cocks but on this occasion i would put him at Grade B . Anyway its a good listen ....

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 1

Â