Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

He was incredible in both of the arsenal matches and the home game against city. A lot of average performance in between though. Not against having him as a 4th choice CB but with his wage/age probably makes sense to try and get rid of him if possible.

• Like 1

I actually think he will be important for a team that have to defend for their life throughout the season. But he is not a good fit with our style. Think one of the teams that will fight relegation could be happy buyer for 15 mill.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

I actually think he will be important for a team that have to defend for their life throughout the season. But he is not a good fit with our style. Think one of the teams that will fight relegation could be happy buyer for 15 mill.

Dunno, cos he is a good passer of the ball.

Just now, Tom13 said:

Dunno, cos he is a good passer of the ball.

I think he plays with too much risk in his passes. And he is also the player in the back four who tend to play hoof ball most when he is under pressure.

Helped us get 4th with some monumental performances.  Overall not consistent enough but it was a bit odd a stop start season for him 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I dont care if he is a good passer..

He is an average defender at best..

He never plays with urgency & looks half hearted both in and out of possession..

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 2

Am I the only one who thinks he is a better fit for Torres than Konsa?

Konsa, a bit like Luiz, is incredibly overrated on here, and probably at their optimum value. I think Konsa makes more mistakes than Carlos, take both Nooocastle games for example, and Carlos is a far better passer. Get Kamara , or another competative midfielder , or both at the same time, infront of him, and Torres, and I think you will see his true value. The better teams have better distribution from the back.

• Confused 1

I really hope we can move Carlos on now. He is too expensive to be a bit part player in our squad. We need a young, cheaper alternative with a lot of potential. Carlos always tries hard but now is a good time to move him on. He would go with my best wishes though. You can’t fault his professionalism.

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I really hope we can move Carlos on now. He is too expensive to be a bit part player in our squad. We need a young, cheaper alternative with a lot of potential. Carlos always tries hard but now is a good time to move him on. He would go with my best wishes though. You can’t fault his professionalism.

We are a CL team now mate. We can't be having £5 million kids on the bench ready to come on to mark Mbappe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

We are a CL team now mate. We can't be having £5 million kids on the bench ready to come on to mark Mbappe.

I didn’t say that’s what we needed mate. A £25m 23 year old on lower wages is better than having an older player like Carlos who is on very big wages. Hopefully he wouldn’t be needed for the big games as we would play our first choice defence. It’s just very simple economics really. Selling at the right time is an essential part of squad management.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

But if we picked up a few value for money signings similar in quality to Rogers would you change your mind?

I think foreveryoungs point is that we shouldn't have to gamble now.

IF we are serious about next season, and want to improve, we need better players, and then get potential after we get the better players.

11 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I didn’t say that’s what we needed mate. A £25m 23 year old on lower wages is better than having an older player like Carlos who is on very big wages. Hopefully he wouldn’t be needed for the big games as we would play our first choice defence. It’s just very simple economics really. Selling at the right time is an essential part of squad management.

His better games seem to have come against the better centre forwards, so maybe in some of the big CL games he may actually be an asset next year.  Brazilian defenders seem to go on until they're 40 anyway so he's a mere whippersnapper 😉

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

His better games seem to have come against the better centre forwards, so maybe in some of the big CL games he may actually be an asset next year.  Brazilian defenders seem to go on until they're 40 anyway so he's a mere whippersnapper 😉

Ha ha. Maybe. I don’t think he’s bad but he is expensive for the role he plays in the squad. Ferguson was the King of selling players at the right time and I think the time is right for him now. He’s a big old unit and I doubt he will be playing top level beyond 33 or so.

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Ha ha. Maybe. I don’t think he’s bad but he is expensive for the role he plays in the squad. Ferguson was the King of selling players at the right time and I think the time is right for him now. He’s a big old unit and I doubt he will be playing top level beyond 33 or so.

In hindsight the right time to sell him was probably in 2022 when Sevilla sold him, after some great seasons.

• Like 1

Â