Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

putting Costa & Mings side by side is interesting, also added Tarkowski, Konsa & Chambers for fyi's:

image.png.df6bcf9974a8bdec5782fe1c8948da2d.pngimage.png.d3decf74d78cf736d011022c9fa947d3.pngimage.png.ed6b17ce320e0149cc37ae0f85f16a17.pngimage.png.93a95cac3bd5621f1a1b1b0759a42650.pngimage.png.632b352344d283e8aa390b9147bbed37.png

Where's the Arm Flapping: 100 for Konsa? 

These stats clearly don't tell you anything if that's not included. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Zatman said:

What sort of bullshit is this 

I suppose Harvey Elliott and Joao Carvalho will be immediate starters for Liverpool next season 

We had a get rich quick scheme before under the charlatan ONeill and we are going the same path

If u care to read the rest of my post I said that we need succession planning. Elliot and Carvalho will not be immediate starters next season for Liverpool. They will be eased in to the team. But PL teams need to react to the now and have players that can immediately deliver. If you think Elliot and Carvalho are first team starters for a club looking to win the league I think it is you that is talking bullshit

4 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Where's the Arm Flapping: 100 for Konsa? 

These stats clearly don't tell you anything if that's not included. 

thats on a separate page friend.

Data for konsa is here:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If he continues on the Digne, Coutinho, Carlos model it would.

Aside from Suarez and Tarkowski, most of the other links like Bissouma and Bassey for example have been younger end of age. He always said he wanted to buy some experience into the squad.

Ahh well I’m going to judge each player individually, I’m not too concerned at the moment with age.

Edited by nick76

Just now, nick76 said:

Aside from Suarez and Tarkowski, most of the other links like Bissouma and Bassey for example have been younger end of age. He always said he wanted to buy some experience into the squad.

Like I said he can sign who he likes, I have my opinions on who we should sign like everyone else.

I just worry about our financial future.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chine said:

A few people seem worried about this signing regarding age , footballers nowadays are specimens with the diet and regime, very little alcohol / smoking , the whole lifestyle is based on prep and recovery which promotes longevity, I’m not saying they’ll last forever but you can get a few more quality miles out of most 

Jack Grealish says hello 

Just now, paul514 said:

Like I said he can sign who he likes, I have my opinions on who we should sign like everyone else.

No point in worrying over something that may or may not happen, especially when there's bugger all one can do about it anyway.

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

I think two multi billionaires aren’t worried about our financial future so I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it, if I was you.

1 minute ago, brommy said:

No point in worrying over something that may or may not happen, especially when there's bugger all one can do about it anyway.

1 minute ago, Galway Lion said:

I think two multi billionaires aren’t worried about our financial future so I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it, if I was you.

I get what you are saying I just can't help it.

I am very comfortable with them dashing loads of cash on younger players on lower wages because you can always get a half decent fee for them.

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Do you not remember the glorious MON days of signing Heskey, Dunne and Beye plus a few more on high wages and being 28 plus

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nigel said:

Good to see he can score from a corner too!

One of my biggest annoyances lack of corner goals from Central Defenders. 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Why have we all of a sudden become interested and so hung up on age and resale value… This isn’t being built on quick sand like the Lerner years. Bottom to the top no expanse has been spared to build a platform for future success. Imagine what Bogarde, Smith, Feeney, Swinkels can learn from Carlos and Tarkowski & Mings as they progress through to the first team hopefully over the next few seasons. By that time they’ll be needing replacing  one by one and the plan is to have ready made replacements. Signing a 20-23 yo CB could block pathways given that you would hopefully not look to replace for an long  time  all being well . So stoked and proud to be a Villa fan right now ! 

Not resale value… but fat wages we can’t shift in a few years time. 

essentally Everton’s, Barcelona’s and a few French teams problem now. A team with with some older players on big wages that have rapidly dropped off in form. No one is taking them players and These teams FFP head room is maxed out. Now these teams are in a situation where they can’t buy anyone unless they shift players, which they are struggling to do so, unless it’s their inform players

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Why have we all of a sudden become interested and so hung up on age and resale value… This isn’t being built on quick sand like the Lerner years. Bottom to the top no expanse has been spared to build a platform for future success. Imagine what Bogarde, Smith, Feeney, Swinkels can learn from Carlos and Tarkowski & Mings as they progress through to the first team hopefully over the next few seasons. By that time they’ll be needing replacing  one by one and the plan is to have ready made replacements. Signing a 20-23 yo CB could block pathways given that you would hopefully not look to replace for an long  time  all being well . So stoked and proud to be a Villa fan right now ! 

Fair enough but Ronaldo has made Rashford get worse this season. 

What could James Tarkowski or Suarez actually teach

Suarez:once I racially abused a guy and then i bit on a few other guys

Tarkowski:  I once saw my teammate ruin a guys career but he was the team leader so i couldnt say anything 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Do you not remember the glorious MON days of signing Heskey, Dunne and Beye plus a few more on high wages and being 28 plus

6th, 6th, 6th...and then erm....9th? 16th?..down. I don't want that again.

I don't mind an injection of real quality, but the focus should generally be players under 25.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't mind an injection of real quality, but the focus should generally be players under 25.

I am not saying Diego Carlos is a bad signing but him, Coutinho, Digne maybe Suarez they wont all age well 

Coutinho denial is very worrying if honest. He is fine but i think the hype is a bit much, he isnt the player he was before 

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

When the season started, only Mings, Martinez and later Young were the only players above 27 in our team. We're plenty young already, especially if we have plans for Carney and co to break into the first team. We have plenty of room for quality players already in their prime such as Coutinho, Digne and now Carlos. Plus it's not like we didn't sign one of the hottest midfield prospects too.

Just now, Zatman said:

I am not saying Diego Carlos is a bad signing but him, Coutinho, Digne maybe Suarez they wont all age well 

Coutinho denial is very worrying if honest. He is fine but i think the hype is a bit much, he isnt the player he was before 

Which is why he cost £17 mill rather than £117 mill . As we saw on Sunday the guy still has loads left to give. That first touch before the goal was something no other Villa player that has gone before him was capable of doing in my opinion.  Yes we will not get prime Coutinho but we will still get moments like that on a regular basis. 

• Like 2

Â