Hungary v England/Germany v England/England v Italy/England v Hungary Nations League

andykeenan

1 minute ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I just don't understand why the media and ex pros defend him so much. Tactically, he is oblivious.

Also, the Channel 4 lady said he took "full responsibility" but he actually blamed his players for chasing the game too much and then basically blamed being too attacking!

He said: "we ended up having too many attacking players on the pitch." Before Stones got sent off we had Guehi, Stones, Walker, James, Phillips, Saka at LWB + were 0-3 down. He then brought Maguire on for Saka.

He played with most of the ex pros

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I can't even listen to Southgate. 

He was quoted as saying, "If I'm not wanted, I'll go". Let's see if he was being honest, because after that shambles, he most certainly isn't wanted by any England fan who cares.

That was as bad as I've seen from an England team, and I've seen some shockers. 

But never failure to get out of a World Cup group against USA, Iran & Wales.

Hmmmm, its almost as if he got to those finals because he had an easy run and didn't meet any difficult teams. 

Chickens coming home to roost. 

Shit manager, and everyone looking at the results not the performances. Sooner he goes, the better.

Just now, Zatman said:

I find Saka overhyped as well, something about him doesnt convince me. Just looks weak

I like him and think he will get better

He's the kid that you stick in the squad at number 23 though almost like the wildcard 

He's probably in line to start in Qatar with sterling on the other side 

11 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Here we go, blaming it on playing the younger players

Clown. 

Also said his predecessors have had nights like this.    That's not actually true Gareth.  

The very first manager was Walter Winterbottom in 1946.  Before him the England team was selected by the International Selection Committee. 

So basically Gareth, no.  None of your 18 predecessors have ever managed a home loss like this. 

• Like 2

Listening to him on Talksport. He is blaming having too many attacking players on the pitch. I can't see this as a bad thing, if you know how to use them. Although, I really don't think there was, unless you guys can say otherwise.

Media bigging him up for taking responsibility is just bonkers. What else is he gonna do.

Also he's been saying all the players are fit and not tired. But now saying the players have had a long season and need a rest. 😂

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I find Saka overhyped as well, something about him doesnt convince me. Just looks weak

I'd love to see him at left wing back with Jack ahead of him again but it ain't ever going to happen.  I don't think Garth realises now is the time to go out and attack teams, this group of players has been around together a long time now and got a lot of experience, just let them loose.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Can people stop wanking over Aaron Ramsdale now? Arguably could have done more on all 4 goals 

A few highlight reel saves and stupid Arsenal fans act like he's God. Still a very average shot stopper.

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I'd love to see him at left wing back with Jack ahead of him again but it ain't ever going to happen.  I don't think Garth realises now is the time to go out and attack teams, this group of players has been around together a long time now and got a lot of experience, just let them loose.

Could be an option.....Its never going to happen with Southgate though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Were you strong & perfect aged 20?

Thats all well and good but you know he shouldnt be on the pitch if is better options available

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

Were you strong & perfect aged 20?

I may have been, if I played for Arsenal, had 60k a week and the facilites that Saka has. If he is not good enough at 20, why is Southgate picking him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I may have been, if I played for Arsenal, had 60k a week and the facilites that Saka has. If he is not good enough at 20, why is Southgate picking him.

Because he's an attacking player who can defend 

• Like 1

That was hilarious and then you listen to all the pathtic excuses afterwards. Clearly Southgate doesntnknow what hes doing. Yes hes done well in tournaments but it could all turn against him wuth a bad world cup 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I may have been, if I played for Arsenal, had 60k a week and the facilites that Saka has. If he is not good enough at 20, why is Southgate picking 

Point being, in your chosen profession, were you perfect aged 20?

Havent listened to his interview yet as if i watch it on the phone then the phones going to get thrown at the wall and if i watch it on the tele the phones getting thrown at the tele. 

Shouldnt get so frustrated by a manager thats taken us to 2 semis and a final . But i do. I get really annoyed by everything he says. I was annoyed with him in the Euros as well . 

Tournaments are about tactics but also about motivation. He couldnt motivate Mr Motivator.  

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Hmmmm, its almost as if he got to those finals because he had an easy run and didn't meet any difficult teams. 

Chickens coming home to roost. 

Shit manager, and everyone looking at the results not the performances. Sooner he goes, the better.

Nothing almost about it. When you scrape away the surface there is zero substance. 

Way, way out of his depth.

Â