Midweek Football 16/19 May

andykeenan

Just now, Tomaszk said:

We got trounced by bottle job arsenal in both fixtures this season.

Shouldn't be happening when we have better players.

I could handle losing to them, they're significantly higher in the table for a reason. But we never looked like laying a glove on them. I don't ask we win every game, I just want it to look like we're trying and learning.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I apologise, I was wrong. We were 12th at the start of Jan. Hell of an end to the season.

It's cool, we're going to spend 9 figures this summer. Should get us top half.

• Sad 1

Just now, picicata said:

How much better than us do Newcastle look now? Howe is doing a good job.

It's all the money. Cheat code apparently. Just doesn't seem to work for us.

Only barely above us in the league thanks to that start, but right now they look twice the team we do.

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We got trounced by bottle job arsenal in both fixtures this season.

Shouldn't be happening when we have better players.

Better players? Our better players are 22 points off Arsenal, something doesn't add up.

Yeah Newcastle's turnaround has been incredible really. Feels like their January has completely galvanised the whole squad. Howe is doing a good job too. 

Edited by PieFacE

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Spurs just need to draw against *checks notes* Norwich on the final day lmao. Complete bottle jobs.

You assume that Arsenal won't win 16-0

Just now, Keyblade said:

Spurs just need to draw against *checks notes* Norwich on the final day lmao. Complete bottle jobs.

Arsenal are Spursing it up, can Spurs out Spursy Arsenal? 

1 minute ago, picicata said:

How much better than us do Newcastle look now? Howe is doing a good job.

We are good, we have proved it in the odd game, but sorry to say, we just seem in alot of games to be a bunch of bottle jobs. Our quality goes completely out the window. that's why these players who let us down (i.e McGinn and co) need to go. We are going nowhere with them.

Can see Arteta getting sacked early next season. They certainly won't have a better chance of finishing 4th under him than this season.

Can't believe Newcastle were actually being priced up at nearly 4/1 to win tonight so that was a decent bet to take given how strong they are at home these days.

In theory,. we have very wealthy, motivated owners, and there's no reason we can't go toe to toe with Newcastle over the next few years.

So why does it feel like we're watching them go above us for the next 10+ years. 

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Beats the 1 shot on target and loss that we got in the equivalent fixture. We played like we'd shit ourselves before kick off. 

Still not even sure our 94th minute free kick was even hitting the target

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

They look loads better but also completely determined to win.

That's one thing we seem to lack. Just seem to be missing the belief against these sides. We start the games on the back foot.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Arsenal have been awful.

They're a strange team.

Their season ended the moment Holding put his forearm into Son. Couldn't recover from that loss and in fairness Newcastle away is a very hard fixture these days and that won't change in coming seasons.

Could see Everton getting whatever they need at Arsenal on Sunday.

Â