Midweek Football 16/19 May

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

That Matt Targett is one hell of a player. He would be great cover for sicknote Digne in the Villa squad...

Agreed, if a) Targett wanted to stay and fight for his position and b) Digne was indeed a sick note.

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just imagine Kenilworth Road in the Premier league - a capacity of 10,000 in a ramshackle, wooden, struture quizzed between houses.

There are games where we'd sell 10,000 away tickets!

What's being struture quizzed? Luton will be building a new stadium, so it's probably too early for them to octane promnight.

7 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Digne has missed 50% of matches since he signed. Without checking the actual percentage.

Digne signed on 13/01 and since then, we’ve played 17 matches.

Digne has now made 14 appearances for us… so 50% as you say 🙄

Shame he managed to come back earlier than expected from the nasty looking shoulder injury otherwise he could have been labelled a sick note 

Edited by theboyangel

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Digne signed on 13/01 and since then, we’ve played 17 matches.

Digne has now made 14 appearances for us… so 50% as you say 🙄

Shame he managed to come back earlier than expected from the nasty looking shoulder injury otherwise he could have been labelled a sick note 

Fair enough. That Matt Targett, though. What a prospect.

22 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

We did that one for the first leg. In fact, Snodgrass & Hogg & Bree & Lansbury. Plus Steer, who was crocked playing for Luton.

It’s like a Villa retirement home! 

• Like 1

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

Fair enough. That Matt Targett, though. What a prospect.

Always liked him but he was quick to cut and run. In all honesty, he wasn’t a patch on last season’s form so I wasn’t surprised we looked at an improvement coming in.

Digne is matching his price tag in recent games too. 

In an ideal world, Targett would stay and fight for his place but it appears he doesn’t want to so cash in on him and get someone who does want to be here in. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

What's being struture quizzed? Luton will be building a new stadium, so it's probably too early for them to octane promnight.

*squeezed.

In fairness, even that one is only set for a 23,000 capacity - I don't think promotion to the Premier league is in their plans, this is all their christmases at once.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

*squeezed.

In fairness, even that one is only set for a 23,000 capacity - I don't think promotion to the Premier league is in their plans, this is all their christmases at once.

Bigger than Bournemouth & Brentford, then. 

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Bigger than Bournemouth & Brentford, then. 

Yep - Bournemouth are just a load of Russian money, they don't really do fans and Brentford, as much as it might annoy their fans my saying so, are just visiting.

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Might be the most prized away tickets next season- I think we've only played there once in the last 30 years, and there's only going to be about 1000 tickets going

If its that cup game with Micah Richards at centre back then we didnt really play much that game 😛

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep - Bournemouth are just a load of Russian money, they don't really do fans and Brentford, as much as it might annoy their fans my saying so, are just visiting.

...and bigger than Watford and Burnley. All in all, C'mon The Hatters!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Imagine how belligerent you have to be as Alex Bruce to watch this Newcastle side and think your dad was doing just as good a job.

Even worse for him now since he is coaching with Daddy that he cant fight any West Brom fans on Twitter

Â