Weekends Football 7/8 May

andykeenan

Hopefully Jack was whispering your a rat faced  word removed in Gayle’s ear then.

jack did well today in the game, kicked into life at the end there with a key pass and then assist for the final goal. He does need to increase those numbers though because Mahrez, Foden and Sterling all outperform on the key metrics and have been doing it season after season.

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Why is Stadium MK half empty for a playoff semi-final?

Very poor.

KKH has started very brightly.

Mile Jedinak looks like a teacher from Hogwarts.

250000 people live in Milton Keynes, they might be a manufactured club but you would think they could get a crowd for a big game like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Very poor.

KKH has started very brightly.

Mile Jedinak looks like a teacher from Hogwarts.

Wycombe wanted 9k and the police  requested they received 3k. It's a big old away end in that soulless bowl.

Guess this qualifies as a sort of local derby for Milton Keynes.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

250000 people live in Milton Keynes, they might be a manufactured club but you would think they could get a crowd for a big game like this.

It's London overspill.

Was coming back from London the night of a Spurs game and they were hundreds getting on the train on the platform opposite. Stadium is a little out of the centre aswell and closer to Bletchley.

Only really sell out if they drew a big team in the cup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure if it's been discussed, but what the ****** was Ayling thinking with that tackle. An I rate Raphina, but what was he arguing about, it was a blatent red!

It was disgusting. Not surprising, though, considering who the culprit was.

Raphinha was lucky not to be booked twice for his shenanigans, too. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

In theory anyway, reality is these look like they both deserve to be relegated.

Salernitana have been unbeaten in 6 and are on the verge of a bit of a miracle escape

They are nothing like the team that played at Villa Park in the friendly

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It's London overspill.

Was coming back from London the night of a Spurs game and they were hundreds getting on the train on the platform opposite. Stadium is a little out of the centre aswell and closer to Bletchley.

Only really sell out if they drew a big team in the cup.

Spurs seem to have loads of support outside of London in places like Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. When I go on the train to London on a weekend the chiltern line is full of them. In terms of proper London I would probably think Arsenal have more support.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure if it's been discussed, but what the ****** was Ayling thinking with that tackle. An I rate Raphina, but what was he arguing about, it was a blatent red!

It’s a disgrace - and glad technology was there to intervene - madness to give that thuggery a yellow to begin with. Leeds imploding will always be hilarious. 

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've never really been able to get my head around who would support MK Dons.

Do people who supported Wimbledon still support them? Or did they all cut ties and now support the phoenix club, who as I understand it have officially adopted Wimbledon's history (not quite sure how that works but anyway)

If you lived in Milton Keynes then would you start supporting them? I'm guessing football fans who live in MK have a team already. So would it only be people who were born there since? In which case has it been long enough to build up any sort of proper fan base.

All genuine questions. I just can't picture a scenario where I'd go "yeah I'll support MK Dons"

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Do people who supported Wimbledon still support them? Or did they all cut ties and now support the phoenix club, who as I understand it have officially adopted Wimbledon's history (not quite sure how that works but anyway)

If you lived in Milton Keynes then would you start supporting them? I'm guessing football fans who live in MK have a team already. So would it only be people who were born there since? In which case has it been long enough to build up any sort of proper fan base.

All genuine questions. I just can't picture a scenario where I'd go "yeah I'll support MK Dons"

Yeah, I agree. Old Wimbledon fans surely support AFC Wimbledon and very, very few would have «moved» with the club to  Milton Keynes.

I suppose a few locals will have adopted them as a second team and then grown to be fans, or youngsters who will have grown up with MK Dons as their local club. 

But yeah, even though a large-ish place, there really isn’t a foundation for massive support behind the club. 

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

On the Wimbledon thing I am sure that MK Dons have returned the trophies to them in some agreement that would get MK Dons some membership into a clubs union or something like that

Â