• Black Sabbath
    • Oasis
    • Lynard Skynard
    • The Allman Brothers
    • Coldplay
    • Nirvana
    • The Beatles
    • Queen

. I suppose that Planet Rock is one of the reasons that I say this; I listen to it quite a lot and get nothing but Maiden and AC/DC, while so many amazing newer bands that are making exciting music don't get a look in. 

I only listen to Planet Rock or TeamRock radio. Planet Rock are guilty of overplaying a LOT of stuff which has made me despise them, for instance Def Leppard or Bon **** Jovi. As soon as they come on I switch channel.

Also Mr **** Crowley or Crazy Train, cant stand them.

• Like 1

I like a bit of the old Johannes Sebastian, but I can only take so much of it.

Then again, that applies to all music styles, I need variety.

hahahaha!

chzDExR.jpgQ0z3dzK.jpg

Edited by rjw63

I already know I'd hate the music made by the long haired clearing in the woods in the clearing in the woods sunglasses, he looks like a clearing in the woods.

You can just tell he's the clearing in the woods that sweeps his hair back every five seconds.

The clearing in the woods.

• Like 1

My brief take on the metal side of this debate: give me Priest over Maiden any time. Not that fussed by either, but in terms of respecting what they've achieved and influenced it's Priest for me.

Sabbath are in the same boat as Priest in that sense, but I'd say their whole vibe directly influenced much of what I like more than even Priest. Plus, you know, Geezer. Such a dude.

But then it's all a matter of opinion, innit.

• Like 2

Two of the most recent entries, Muse and Iron Maiden are for me, both ruined by the vocals.

Not a fan of either Dickinson or Bellamy's voices.

Muse though are good musicians so I wouldn't say they are overrated.

Yeah Bellamy is so good he has to have a roadie change his effect pedals while he plays.

He's a classically trained pianist. Its about opinions but I think he's very good.

Also I notice a lot of people have voted for the Beatles. Come on unless you were around in the 60s you can't judge just how good and influential they were. 

Edited by PaulC

. I suppose that Planet Rock is one of the reasons that I say this; I listen to it quite a lot and get nothing but Maiden and AC/DC, while so many amazing newer bands that are making exciting music don't get a look in. 

I only listen to Planet Rock or TeamRock radio. Planet Rock are guilty of overplaying a LOT of stuff which has made me despise them, for instance Def Leppard or Bon **** Jovi. As soon as they come on I switch channel.

Also Mr **** Crowley or Crazy Train, cant stand them.

yeah planet rock can get a bit samey. im with you on mr crowley, its well overplayed and im bored of it.

My brief take on the metal side of this debate: give me Priest over Maiden any time. Not that fussed by either, but in terms of respecting what they've achieved and influenced it's Priest for me.

Sabbath are in the same boat as Priest in that sense, but I'd say their whole vibe directly influenced much of what I like more than even Priest. Plus, you know, Geezer. Such a dude.

But then it's all a matter of opinion, innit.

geezer butler is superb, not only as a bass player but his lyrics are brilliant and very meaningful. he is one of the great bass players.

Â