Jump to content

What era (decade) was the best for you and why?


Demitri_C
 Share

Recommended Posts

Was just writing this in the uk airline chaos thread how the world is not the same. Brexit, covid and now the war. Dont think the world will ever be the same.

I feel blessed to have lived during the 90s. I absolutely loved it. From baggy pants, to cheesey tv. Dont forget dial up. 

What was your favourite era and why? My dad always raves ubout the 70s how great it was with the breat colour clothing and the way people were. Would have been great to experience it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

90s the best for me too. Birmingham city old skool clubs, Dome, Ritzy, Central Park, rave tunes. The S bends in the car round the back of Birmingham.  Polishing the car and going down the Sutton Park with ya pals. Fill the tank with £25 and have a road trip to Weston Super mare, not even planned.

I think it's about being the best age maybe. 20-30, in the 90's was the best time to be living.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was a bit too young for the 60s but the 70's were great time to be growing up. 

And the Villa were **** good! 

And no Skyscumsport! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

00s for me I suppose - college years through to my mid 20s. Decent time filled with white lightening, fistfuls of Es, illegal raves and a lot of shenanigans. Looking back I did NOT make the most of it though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

90s the best for me too. Birmingham city old skool clubs, Dome, Ritzy, Central Park, rave tunes. The S bends in the car round the back of Birmingham.  Polishing the car and going down the Sutton Park with ya pals. Fill the tank with £25 and have a road trip to Weston Super mare, not even planned.

I think it's about being the best age maybe. 20-30, in the 90's was the best time to be living.

I absolutely loved the 90s although our dress sense then looking back was absolutely horrfic!!

I would happily go back to that era with shit old nokias, no social media  and dial up. Although this might mean no villatalk!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I absolutely loved the 90s although our dress sense then looking back was absolutely horrfic!!

I would happily go back to that era with shit old nokias, no social media  and dial up. Although this might mean no villatalk!

Might not be your music, but this is what it was all about.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

Depends. My first thought would be the obvious - 1965-1975, which took me from starting high school to graduation from university. But that would be mainly based on the magnificent music - in a personal sense, yeah some fun, but in general I was no more happy than most neurotic adolescents. 

Whereas the dreaded 80s (you know the drill - worst music, worst fashions, worst politics) was in a personal sense quite lovely - marriage, children, career, bought a house, etc. And the Villa won the two biggest trophies in football. 

Despite everything, now is pretty good, too. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

90’s for sure. Anything from ‘89 to mid ‘01 specifically for me. Was flipping awesome. 

Starting college middle of ‘01 and ever since has just been a shit show for me in so many ways. Recent years better personally family wise but not in terms of economics/the world as a whole).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Depends. My first thought would be the obvious - 1965-1975, which took me from starting high school to graduation from university. But that would be mainly based on the magnificent music - in a personal sense, yeah some fun, but in general I was no more happy than most neurotic adolescents. 

Whereas the dreaded 80s (you know the drill - worst music, worst fashions, worst politics) was in a personal sense quite lovely - marriage, children, career, bought a house, etc. And the Villa won the two biggest trophies in football. 

Despite everything, now is pretty good, too. 

I was wondering when the first post to slag off the 80's music and fashion would hit. 

Edited by sidcow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

00's for me.  I was carefree, I had an amazing time at uni (for the second time) and then travelled across pretty much all of the states and Canada for 2 years (mixed in with working in the summer camps out there, finishing off with volunteering down in Peru). The time of my life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

90s for me. Turned 20 at the very start of it. Started to earn proper money. Got my first through to 4th cars all progressively nicer. Got married and bought my first house. Holidays got better, staying at nicer hotels. 

I was born January 1970 so when people talk about a specific decade it also completely overlaps my own age decades so I guess I can plonk myself right into them easier than someone born mid decade. 

80's music and fashion are not shit. Don't waste your time trying to argue that with me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sidcow said:

90s for me. Turned 20 at the very start of it. Started to earn proper money. Got my first through to 4th cars all progressively nicer. Got married and bought my first house. Holidays got better, staying at nicer hotels. 

I was born January 1970 so when people talk about a specific decade it also completely overlaps my own age decades so I guess I can plonk myself right into them easier than someone born mid decade. 

80's music and fashion are not shit. Don't waste your time trying to argue that with me. 

I was hovering over the like button up till the last paragraph then I thought he is going to think I agree with it all. Otherwise I am with you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Sure as shit ain't the 2020's

A very slow start out the traps for the 2020's.  Very much the Sad Ken of the decades.

It's got a lot of work to do in 8 years but its got to be very impressive to have a chance.  As a minimum I would want Teleportation, flying cars, a visit from nice aliens who solve all the energy problems of the world and Putin with something something Pancreatic that only a Doctor in Belgium can fix the silly word removed.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Born in 1975, so I enjoyed the 80’s as a kid because of receiving lots of toys (Star Wars, Action Man), football kits etc, but then being a teenager in the 90’s was immense. Absolutely loved that time, from watching Italia 90 onwards, being really into football, clothes, films, music and of course girls. That time before you have to think about getting a job is the best time, young, free and single.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â