Midweek Football 4/7 April

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

Saka at it again. Get in the box, hit the ground, complain to the ref, hope the ref gives you a pen, repeat! 

Horrific assault, he's lucky to be alive - when will he get the protection he deserves?

22 minutes ago, useless said:

I always find it incredibly dumb when a team's winning and the team they're beating is a team we lost to, and people come out with comments like 'how did we lose to these?', the same happened with Man Utd, despite the fact they had only lost one in ten or something like that at the time.

Before today Arsenal's form over the last ten league games has been W,L,W,W,W,W,W,D,L,W,W, and those two defeats were to Man City and Liverpool. So using Arsenal losing to Crystal Palace as some sort of evidence that we should have got a result from them is just stupid, no two games are the same.

I change 'dumb' to ridiculous, and 'stupid' to silly, as I now think 'dumb' and 'stupid' is a bit over the top.

Palace had a total rebuild last summer . But have built a decent team. Actually remind me of us last season having a right old go at the big boys.  They have a hell of alot of young attacking talent. Gallagher is going to be a superstar as well albeit for Chelsea

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, useless said:

I change 'dumb' to ridiculous, and 'stupid' to silly, as I now think 'dumb' and 'stupid' is a bit over the top.

It's not that, more Palace got in their faces right from the off while we were incredibly passive and barely had a shot until 70th minute. If you continue to do that as seems a theme with us under Gerrard whenever we play someone above us in the league then don't be surprised if we never look like winning any of these games given it also happened at the weekend and v West Ham.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Palace had a total rebuild last summer . But have built a decent team. Actually remind me of us last season having a right old go at the big boys.  They have a hell of alot of young attacking talent. Gallagher is going to be a superstar as well albeit for Chelsea

Lot of talk of Guehi but Joachim Andersen was very gettable last summer, think he's one of the best CBs in the league outside the elite.

• Like 1

Comparing results will always be a bit stupid. We thrashed Southampton recently and a couple of weeks before that Southampton beat Spurs, which should mean we’ll beat Spurs 7-0 this time.

And Leeds recently beat Wolves just after being thoroughly beaten by us which makes us much better than Wolves, even though we may have lost to them the other day.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Honestly feel like we should offer big money for Gallagher regardless. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, useless said:

I always find it incredibly dumb when a team's winning and the team they're beating is a team we lost to, and people come out with comments like 'how did we lose to these?', the same happened with Man Utd, despite the fact they had only lost one in ten or something like that at the time.

Before today Arsenal's form over the last ten league games has been W,L,W,W,W,W,W,D,L,W,W, and those two defeats were to Man City and Liverpool. So using Arsenal losing to Crystal Palace as some sort of evidence that we should have got a result from them is just stupid, no two games are the same.

No one has said how did we lose, it was more how did we not even lay a glove on them. It was a pathetic abject performance where we didn't even make them work hard for it.

Nobody was expecting us to win but neither was we expecting to be so poor against them.

It happens to every team, but it isn't any less frustrating and we should be aspiring to be better than that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Comparing results will always be a bit stupid. We thrashed Southampton recently and a couple of weeks before that Southampton beat Spurs, which should mean we’ll beat Spurs 7-0 this time.

And Leeds recently beat Wolves just after being thoroughly beaten by us which makes us much better than Wolves, even though we may have lost to them the other day.

Yep, every game is different. It’s silly to try and compare and just makes for east point scoring which we shouldn’t fall into. 

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Yep, every game is different. It’s silly to try and compare and just makes for east point scoring which we shouldn’t fall into. 

Yeah, when it comes to Villa we should know there are no easy points lol

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

When I look at Gallagher I dont think he has any more talent than the players we have but he has that drive and tenacity that many of our players lack. 

Reminds me of bryan robson. So much heart and desire its untrue. 

Â