Midweek Football 4/7 April

andykeenan

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Tbf, 2 wrongs don’t make a right. I watched about half an hour of the City game and I was bored to tears. 

Point is the team playing 5-5-0 is probably the reason that game is boring. Not one of the best attacking sides in the world

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Point is the team playing 5-5-0 is probably the reason that game is boring. Not one of the best attacking sides in the world

They are as bad as each other. City could have raised the tempo when they had the ball and took more risks but instead passed the ball sideways a million times and took a 1-0 first leg win.

Both teams are probably quite pleased with the result says it all.

The Liverpool tie is all but done already, City could have killed off AM last night but instead playing the long percentages game of safety first. It doesn’t surprise me that they struggle to sell tickets.

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, Genie said:

They are as bad as each other. City could have raised the tempo when they had the ball and took more risks but instead passed the ball sideways a million times and took a 1-0 first leg win.

Both teams are probably quite pleased with the result says it all.

The Liverpool tie is all but done already, City could have killed off AM last night but instead playing the long percentages game of safety first. It doesn’t surprise me that they struggle to sell tickets.

Complete levels between Ath Madrid and Benfica in terms of ability, let alone one side being at home and having to attack versus another who literally set up to do nothing but defend all night and try and scrape a 0-0.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Complete levels between Ath Madrid and Benfica in terms of ability, let alone one side being at home and having to attack versus another who literally set up to do nothing but defend all night and try and scrape a 0-0.

It’s just boring to watch. They have the players to play an entertaining and exciting brand of football, but mainly choose not to. 

• Like 1

Will Simeone change his tactics for the second leg or will he try to keep it 0-0 as long as possible and be more adventurous later on. 1-0 is fine for City imo they will dominate the second leg too and if they score first its game over. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Will Simeone change his tactics for the second leg or will he try to keep it 0-0 as long as possible and be more adventurous later on. 1-0 is fine for City imo they will dominate the second leg too and if they score first its game over. 

I hope Simeone goes for it from the outset, it should make for an exciting game. 

Everton don’t deserve to be leading this game. Massive second half for Burnley, which will define whether they stay up or drop. 

Lennon must be 45 years old! 

Edited by ferguson1

Â