Midweek Football 4/7 April

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, YLN said:

I used to be interested in Champions League matches. Now I view the whole competition as being on par with that Club World Championship thing. Couldn't care less

To be fair at least the Champions League is somewhat interesting. I feel like that about the International breaks. International football just bores me to death at the moment, especially watching England. 

6 minutes ago, YLN said:

I used to be interested in Champions League matches. Now I view the whole competition as being on par with that Club World Championship thing. Couldn't care less

I stick the alerts on the LiveScore app for the games I'm curious about the score of and that's about it. Can't even remember the last time I watched a CL game

City 100mph off the ball and 1mph on it.

And obviously Atletico very happy to park absolutely everyone behind the ball and let them do it. Zero interest in watching Liverpool either, might be time to endlessly scroll through Netflix.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

To be fair at least the Champions League is somewhat interesting. I feel like that about the International breaks. International football just bores me to death at the moment, especially watching England. 

I couldn't disagree more.

Villa will always be number 1, but for pure quality of football, give me Bayern Vs PSG anyday. That's entertainment and the very best players on the planet with the best tactics and most excitement.

I think the dislike for International football is a very English thing. When Poland plays, it's like Christmas to me and I know most other foreign fans feel similar.

Just now, Mic09 said:

I think the dislike for International football is a very English thing. When Poland plays, it's like Christmas to me and I know most other foreign fans feel similar.

I'm not English and I absolutely abhor international football. It's so far from being the pinnacle of the game that it purports to be that it's almost embarrassing to hear the hype. 

1 minute ago, og1874 said:

I'm not English and I absolutely abhor international football. It's so far from being the pinnacle of the game that it purports to be that it's almost embarrassing to hear the hype. 

Interesting. If you don't mind me asking, what's your nation? 

So far it looks like a classic Man City death by a thousand cuts where the victim survives, and even more classic "defend the score" Atletico.

Why oh why did I not bet on a 0-0. 

Just now, og1874 said:

Ireland

Pretty much English :trollface:

I think if you asked any South American then it would always be country 100%

For me, its club. No doubt. 

5 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Embarrassing the way Madrid are playing, so negative. Don't deserve to even be in this tournament. 

It's Southgate-esque, but it works in tournament football. 

21 minutes ago, penguin said:

And obviously Atletico very happy to park absolutely everyone behind the ball and let them do it. Zero interest in watching Liverpool either, might be time to endlessly scroll through Netflix.

Cameron Archer has just scored for Preston in their derby game against Blackpool if you'd rather not re-watch Handmaids tale.

• Like 1

Â