Midweek Football 4/7 April

andykeenan

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

That A Madrid defence, it's like a fortress. It's like watching an old Italian team from the eighties. 

It's certainly a great example of how to defend against a team like Citeh. 

It reminds me of our game against 10 man Sheffield last season 😅

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Carragher criticising the Atlético player for going to ground so easily in the box, clearly never seen Salah play before.

He's right though, even if he's s hypocrite.

Players should be booked for that, IMO, they're basically incentivised to throw themselves to the floor because there's almost never any punishment for it

Just now, Davkaus said:

He's right though, even if he's s hypocrite.

Players should be booked for that, IMO, they're basically incentivised to throw themselves to the floor because there's almost never any punishment for it

Yeah I agree completely, just massive hypocrite. He’s still going on about it like his team never do it.

Absolutely irresponsible to let either of them continue after that stoppage for head injuries.

And they talk about player safety to justify 5 subs, but continue to ignore concussion risks. What a joke.

This won't be taken seriously until someone dies.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

Embarrassing the way Madrid are playing, so negative. Don't deserve to even be in this tournament. 

Why not. They beat a team that cost about 600 million in the last round 

Except for Felix the transfer cost of both teams are far apart

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Peter Dalton thinks it was a penalty. Why do we even pretend it's a contact sport anymore then, absolutely ridiculous anyone could think that's a penalty.

Is that the BT sport prick who thinks every wrong VAR decision is a penalty

Referee Union 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Atlético Madrid are the first team in 10 years of the CL not to have a single shot in a game. 

Played 5-5-0 and had zero shots. And people will still moan about Pep's style of football :D 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Played 5-5-0 and had zero shots. And people will still moan about Pep's style of football :D 

Tbf, 2 wrongs don’t make a right. I watched about half an hour of the City game and I was bored to tears. 
I switched over to watch a programme about naughty dogs for a while (with my daughter). 
Then I watched the last 20 or so minutes of the Liverpool game and it was like night and day. Actual attacking, taking risks, through balls, getting in behind etc and it was both teams too. 

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

3rd party doctor who makes the decision and can over rule the player, manager or even medical staff from either club

If the pitch side Dr says get off you get off

Its that simple to fix 

yes, ideally, although I imagine the inevitable legal issues of telling say Man City they have to bring off Rodri early in a Champions League semi-final that they then go on to lose puts the authorities in a position where it will never change.

Â