Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Just now, R.Bear said:

That's why Watkins is ultimately useless. If you're anonymous all game but take your one chance its one thing. He is anonymous then misses chances like that. Its unforgivable for a striker to not hit the target when one on one with the keeper.

I can't work him out. He's a genuine, hardworking guy who can be sublime. Too often he's off the pace and wasteful.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

People were saying ollies bettee than tammy in the summer.

Ha laughable. 

based on last season's performances that was reasonable tbf. he's a different player this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

People were saying ollies bettee than tammy in the summer.

Ha laughable. 

Tammy missed dozens of sitters for us. Has never scored outside the area. He isn't an elite player. If choose Watkins over him every day. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I agree it's not a huge success, but it's not a huge failure either.

When and what did he say to the sort? This is slightly concerning if true I'll give you that.

The recruitment policy seems largely similar to under DS. I'm not complaining about us getting Phil Cout though.

Many fans were also onboard with the appointment.

He was a great success in a poor league.

I think that it's about 50/50 whether it'll work out atm. I'm not going to call it a failure just yet though.

I am not sure that any manager could achieve success with the major handicap that afflicts our team - namely a poor / inconsistent midfield.  When they play well we look incredible but too often the midfield goes missing.  Deano persisted with Luiz / McGinn for far too long and ultimately that cost him his job.  SG needs to be given a chance to either upgrade the midfield or decide (like Smith did) that Luiz / McGinn can play in these deeper roles.  If we fail to strengthen in that area of the park at the start of next season or we do but still remain inconsistent then the manager can be questioned.  But it is far too earlier to blame SG when he hasn't really had a chance to address the issue that has hamstrung us for 2 or 3 seasons now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Watkins. Just for **** sake. You can't not hit the target from there. 

He has to go for the far corner not just hit the target. Should be able to execute that finish though without doubt. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dale said:

Tammy missed dozens of sitters for us. Has never scored outside the area. He isn't an elite player. If choose Watkins over him every day. 

You cant be serious. If ollie played in italy he wouldnt even scire half the goals tammy has.