Eurovision Song Contest 2022

fightoffyour

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

It's a bit like losing to a last minute penalty at Old Trafford, you totally expect it but its still deflating 

To be honest, the BBC are probably quite relieved that they don't have to host the thing given the cost etc.  We've had the perfect result IMO.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Picked the wrong year to put forward a decent entry.  It was in the bag otherwise.

I'm not so sure.  Any other year and you would have Russia involved for example and I suspect we wouldn't have got 12 points for instance from Ukraine in other years.  We have had a great night and I hope that this is a springboard for something resembling success for Sam.  He should be very proud. 

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

Genuinely stunned that there's been so much interest in a competition of shit music voted for along political lines. What a way to spend a Saturday night.

Yet, here you are.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Risso said:

I'd say it's a lot less sad than posting something like that in a thread you apparently have no interest in, but each to their own. 

We never miss it, and it was extra special this year watching it with the Ukrainian family we have sponsored. They were very emotional with Ukraine winning, and we were delighted for them. A lovely night all round.

I'd have turfed them out like the Liverpool fans for celebrating in the Doug Ellis personally but each to their own.

• Sad 1

During the show last night they kept on referencing how ‘nice’ the UK singer was. 

Should also mention that the song was co-written by Amy Wadge, also one of the nice people. Often does free music and song writing classes for kids and takes along a couple of her own guitars so kids can have a go. Not very rock n roll.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Genuinely stunned that there's been so much interest in a competition of shit music voted for along political lines. What a way to spend a Saturday night.

Apart from the totty  , it’s a good gauge of  sentiment in Europe … we can conclude that currently everyone hates Germany ,  we are Ukraine’s best friend  and that the legal age for sex in Greece is much lower than we all thought 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Apart from the totty  , it’s a good gauge of  sentiment in Europe … we can conclude that currently everyone hates Germany ,  we are Ukraine’s best friend  and that the legal age for sex in Greece is much lower than we all thought 

I'll watch it just for the Totty next year too.

10 hours ago, Risso said:

I'd say it's a lot less sad than posting something like that in a thread you apparently have no interest in, but each to their own. 

We never miss it, and it was extra special this year watching it with the Ukrainian family we have sponsored. They were very emotional with Ukraine winning, and we were delighted for them. A lovely night all round.

I love this ❤️

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Apart from the totty  , it’s a good gauge of  sentiment in Europe … 

So what you are saying.... is that Boris is doing a great job?! ;) 

6 hours ago, Xela said:

So what you are saying.... is that Boris is doing a great job of being a bumbling unkempt spunktrumpet ?! ;) 

Sounds about right. 

• Like 1