Eurovision Song Contest 2022

fightoffyour

On 15/05/2022 at 20:14, markavfc40 said:

It was good to see that the other countries didn't judge our musical talents based on our prick of a Prime Minister. 

I'm not sure you can say that tbh. Johnson is very popular in Ukraine and the countries closer to the war.

They only see his world stage grandstanding and appreciate it. They don't see what we see, in the same way that I have no idea what Zelensky is like as a peacetime leader of Ukraine

7 hours ago, bickster said:

They only see his world stage grandstanding and appreciate it. They don't see what we see, in the same way that I have no idea what Zelensky is like as a peacetime leader of Ukraine

I don't think we need to know anything more about Johnson or Zelenski, only understand what a proxy war is.

9 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm not sure you can say that tbh. Johnson is very popular in Ukraine and the countries closer to the war.

Our Ukrainian family think that Johnson is the second coming of Churchill and JFK rolled into one. They won't hear a word against him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Risso said:

Our Ukrainian family think that Johnson is the second coming of Churchill and JFK rolled into one. They won't hear a word against him.

It’ll be fun watching their views change based on how long they spend here. 

Edited by Genie

40 minutes ago, Risso said:

They aren't unusual. It’s a very common opinion

• 5 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, bickster said:

Didn’t winning Eurovision three years on the bounce nearly bankrupt Ireland because they had to host it every year and it cost a fortune?

Famously they entered the song "My Lovely Horse" performed by 2 priests in an attempt to ensure they lost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Famously they entered the song "My Lovely Horse" performed by 2 priests in an attempt to ensure they lost.

Yes, I remember they actually set out to lose

11 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

And Johnny Logan (by now a rich man on the strength of "What's Another Year") entered an alternative, anti-Eurovision contest (in the Netherlands, iirc) with a song called "I Don't Give a **** Anymore".  :)

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I love Villatalk Off Topic for reasons that some but not all of the previous posters know.  

🤣

Is this where we find out it’s your hand up Dustin the turkeys butt ? 

20 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Glasgow is mooted apparently. I f I recall tickets were around the 100 euro mark so pricey, but worth it I think. 

Isn't that where it's held in the Netflix movie? Art imitating art.