Midweek Football 8/10 February

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

its a tough one, cus i hate manure, but oh my lord, Burnley are dirty, dirty, nasty team, would love to see them relegated.

any other season yes, but i so desperately want newcastle to go down

• Like 1

Your name is Frank Lampard. You have available a proven premier league goal scorer who also beat you in a playoff final. When you do play him?

a.) He starts obviously
b.) After half time he needs to bed in
c.) After we concede 2, no 3,
d.)  never, why change whats working?

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Desperately need Sarr back. All their wins this season come with him as key player in the match as we found out on opening day.

Yes if he comes back they have the tools to stay up. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Still feel like there's going to be more twists and turns to come. Geordies aren't safe yet despite what the Beeb might think.

Obviously the fat lady needs to sing but u would be a brave man to put money on them going down. Wilson to return to that team too

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes if he comes back they have the tools to stay up. 

They're all tools including the manager. No loss at all to the top flight.

Prefer jawdees down obviously but that ain't happening

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Still feel like there's going to be more twists and turns to come. Geordies aren't safe yet despite what the Beeb might think.

Tomorrows article will be can they make it into Europe this season

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

its a tough one, cus i hate manure, but oh my lord, Burnley are dirty, dirty, nasty team, would love to see them relegated.

I’m with you. I start every season hoping that Burnley get relegated with a total of 6 points, obtained from two wins against Man U.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Burnley grinding out some decent draws now. If they can find a win soon I'd still back them to stay up.

Edit; Scrub that, four of their next five home games v Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Man. City so probably left it too late this season. We'll see.

Edited by VillaChris

Burnley are going down. From their 5 games in hand that everyone was handing them wins for, they’ve won none and now dropped to 2 games in hand, 4 points from safety. They’re doing nothing, even if tonight was a decent enough result.

The good thing about this season is that teams who I want to get relegated will get relegated. That’s nice. Hopefully Norwich survive, somehow. 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Burnley are going down. From their 5 games in hand that everyone was handing them wins for, they’ve won none and now dropped to 2 games in hand, 4 points from safety. They’re doing nothing, even if tonight was a decent enough result.

The good thing about this season is that teams who I want to get relegated will get relegated. That’s nice. Hopefully Norwich survive, somehow. 

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Burnley grinding out some decent draws now. If they can find a win soon I'd still back them to stay up.

Edit; Scrub that, four of their next five home games v Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Man. City so probably left it too late this season. We'll see.

image.thumb.jpeg.340032cba1b08c6a2d83ee0ea01fa5d7.jpeg

• Haha 1

I haven't always been a big fan of Rooney but if he keeps Derby up it will be an amazing managerial feat. Despite everything the FA, administrators and life in general throw at him, he has stuck to the task.

He had the chance to bale out when the Everton job came up but demonstrated immense loyalty to the club and his players.

Fair play to him. If they do survive he should be the Premier League manager of the year.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He is doing a great job and they are looking like they will survive. However, I think Premier League manager of the year would be a little undeserved. However, I do think he should get Championship manager of the year if he keeps them up

Apologies, I obviously meant the Football League manager of the year.

• Like 2

Honestly think if Roy can sort the defence out a bit Watford have the best chance, Sarr to return means they have the best attack of the 4 in my eyes. Norwich will give it all but come up about 3 points short I reckon. But I think it will be a straight fight between Newcastle and Watfors

• Like 1

Â