2022 travel plans

StefanAVFC

My plans this year is a week in Wales with daughter and grandson. Using Borth as a base and driving out to castles and that. 

October with a little luck me and my wife might get out to Vegas again. Cancelled from 2020, I take nothing for granted in the current climate. 

• Like 1

I was meant to be in Thailand now, three nights in Bangkok then on to Khao Sok National Park for a few days seeing the elephants etc… then to Khao Lak for beach and chill. When they decided we had to covid test on arrival, we cancelled it. It’s too big a risk to take. 

We will rebook for next year. In the meantime I’ve just booked two weeks in The Gambia for our anniversary. We got married there five years ago, so it will be nice to go back. I’m looking forward to the blazing heat. 31 days to go…

The missus is going Jamaica with her friend in November. I’d quite like to have a European city break over the summer (assuming that Europe is still standing then 😢).

On 08/02/2022 at 04:39, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

California (mainly Santa Barbara with a couple of days in LA) for a week in May.

Canada for Banff and Jasper National Parks in October for 2 weeks.

Should be a good one! Trying British Airways Business Class for the first time, interested to see what their service is like. 

Just got back from LA didn't do too much at nights, but be happy to let you know what i thought was good or not so good.

my advice for LA would be dont google anything and make plans around stuff like "off the beaten track" and best things to do, way too many people with the same frame of mind meaning i found all of them to be absolutely packed

my advice for Banff would be to go to A&W as i think they're the best chain fast food burger place ive ever been to and i loved the root beer floater, im sure also had incredible bison ribs downt he main high street in banff but not a clue where, i do remmeber the grizzly paw in canmore that was good, i ate about 5 new animals in those 2 towns, did find canada was probably even more frustrating than america for tax and tip, it never costs what is on the menu, i think alberta is 9% tax and then 10-15% tip, i found it a brilliant place but very expensive

• 2 weeks later...

just back from a weekend in Paris. **** me the busy-ness of that city puts London to shame. half a billion people swarming the streets every day it seems. Will however recommend restaurants Au Vieux Paris and Les Philosophes as well worth visiting though

Got a family week in Conrwall in May, but next main trip is deciding on where to go for our 2nd 'minimoon' in August. Dublin or Iceland appear to be the front-runners atm

Edited by Rodders

Done a week in Gran Canaria already. Would love a weekend away, but due to our location we can do that with the car.

3 weeks off in August, driving to the UK, doing NC500 again with the wife this time, then a slow trip back to Poland, probably with stops in France.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping to go to Szczecin this summer to meet the other half’s family. It’s far on the west side of Poland near the German border but the Mrs is worried about the war in Ukraine. Is travel to and from Poland recommended or would it be best to postpone it until next year maybe when hopefully things are a little clearer travel/safety wise? I think we will be fine this year but always good to get others opinions.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

You should have absolutely no concerns about travelling to Poland

I don’t, it’s my partner who is worried weirdly. I’m looking forward to it immensely but her and her son are a bit worried about it all.

36 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I don’t, it’s my partner who is worried weirdly. I’m looking forward to it immensely but her and her son are a bit worried about it all.

They shouldn’t be worried then, you can tell them firsthand from people living here and further East. I’ve had friends from North America and my parents from the UK visiting this month, everything is about as normal as could be.

• Like 1

Booked our tickets today to Poland for 11 days at the end of August. Flying in to Poznan but going straight to Gryfino. Cannot wait. Looking forward to exploring Szczecin and hoping to sneak a day at Swinoujscie as well. 

• Like 2

On 08/02/2022 at 09:31, StefanAVFC said:

Let's get back to normal!

Gran Canaria for a week this month

Hopefully a weekend in the UK to take my mrs to a Villa game for the first time

Scotland and Italy for a wedding

Maybe another long weekend in early autumn

You guys?

Heading yo Gran Canaria ourselves next month. Hope you enjoyed your trip. Anything you'd recommend whilst there? 

• 1 month later...
On 31/05/2022 at 15:59, stewiek2 said:

Fly out to Zadar in Croatia on Saturday for a week. AirBnb place about 5 min walk from the Adriatic sea. Much needed!

Lovely place. You should get out to some islands though, even on day trips. And enjoy Bobis, the Croatian Greggs 😀

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

Â