Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

A twitter thread pointing the finger at Lange. Take it with a grain of salt but I can see a thread of bad or unnecessary transfers going back to the end of Dean's reign and it would certainly explain a lot.

BS.  Tawararoski wanted to go back to Liverpool because of his home.  Suarez is washed up and would have been another joke of a signing.  The problem is Gerard and his coaches full stop 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

If we sign wingers we can change how we play and have attacking 8s and defending full backs. Coutinho and Buendia can play as 8s in such a system.

Ideal, our full backs can’t do both. bring on the wingers 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Deano tried to go 3 5 2 with wing backs and got the sack as it didn't work. Gerrard has gone 4 3 2 1 with ultra attacking full backs and also hasn't worked. 

We just need something less complicated and that fits the players we have. Have full backs defend with a CDM and the CBs. Have the 8s attack with the front three. It's not rocket science

Are you available to attend an interview?

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

A twitter thread pointing the finger at Lange. Take it with a grain of salt but I can see a thread of bad or unnecessary transfers going back to the end of Dean's reign and it would certainly explain a lot.

Let’s say that is all true for a moment (who knows) it doesn’t take away from the fact that Gerrard can’t get a tune out of the current players at all.  

That’s not Lange’s fault, that’s Gerrard’s fault.

All this is saying (if true) is they have differences…ok….that’s a major problem but the tweeter is trying to deflect away from Gerrard.  The problem we have with Gerrard is on the pitch.  Yes we are disappointed at lack of quality signings but he can’t get a tune out of the current squad nevermind new players.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Wasn’t there a rumour about Gerrard and Lange not getting on, around the time of the Sarr situation? To me this also reads as Gerrard didn’t want alternatives to his targets and Lange wanting to do things behind Gerrard’s back. If this is all true (which I’m taking it with a grain of salt) then this explains why this summer was a mess.

Also this still doesn’t take away from the fact that Gerrard’s set up is off.

If Lange is trying to do anything behind Gerrard's back he should be sacked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the_sun_never_sets said:

I'm not averse to Dendonker. Would add a bit of bite and physicality we desperately need. 

Get him, Diallo on loan, Moura on loan, sign Gallagher 

Hopefully keep Luiz and...

Replace Gerrard with Poch tomorrow  🤸‍♂️

Ideal 24 hours 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886natscq2m9blyemohp8

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

BS.  Tawararoski wanted to go back to Liverpool because of his home.  Suarez is washed up and would have been another joke of a signing.  The problem is Gerard and his coaches full stop 

Agreed- the recent transfers are very obviously gerrard’s and are a notable change of approach from previous years: older and on higher wages. Why would Lange want to sign digne when targett had been performing well for a previous manager? Are we expected to believe that coutinho was lange’s idea?

1 minute ago, the_sun_never_sets said:

I'm not averse to Dendonker. Would add a bit of bite and physicality we desperately need. 

Get him, Diallo on loan, Moura on loan, sign Gallagher 

Hopefully keep Luiz and...

Replace Gerrard with Poch tomorrow  🤸‍♂️

Ideal 24 hours 

Diallo off the Leipzig.

Think Moura will be permanent too, not a loan.