Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Djule Caleta-car / Adbou Diallo / Vicktor Nelsson / Attila Szalai / Craig Dawson all reportedly available at a reasonable cost. So should be simples to complete. It’s the midfield and attacking options which are harder to pin point and where I guess we’ve been working on but with no success - yet. 

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’m expecting a big day tomorrow with incoming player(s).  

It has to be, we can't go half the season with no more additions to the squad. A couple more injuries and we are knee deep in the brown stuff! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Edouard Michut deal between PSG and Sunderland has stalled. We should be on the phone to PSG for him and Diallo - €15mill gets you both apparently. 

Then Otavio / dream Yeremy Pino and squad feels more balanced. 

I would quite like that double swoop for the PSG lads. Think they have a lot of quality potential

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Massive price tag but the level we need

tbh he's just a higher level Ramsey type player, not the type of player we need imo.

We need a central defender, a midfielder who can help control the midfield, and whatever else we wanna spunk money at.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Massive price tag but the level we need

Ooo £35m is a decent price, maybe £30m upfront with 5m add-ons.  Go get him Villa.

And also why are Leicester selling all their players!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh he's just a higher level Ramsey type player, not the type of player we need imo.

We need a central defender, a midfielder who can help control the midfield, and whatever else we wanna spunk money at.

Where's West Ham getting all this cash for players like Paqueta? He would've been a tremendous signing for us. 

Just now, trillvillan said:

Where's West Ham getting all this cash for players like Paqueta? He would've been a tremendous signing for us. 

Spending the 200m they are going to get for Declan Rice in advance.

I guess the real measure of the confidence in the manager will come from the level of spending over the next couple of days.

They we’re allegedly prepared to spend £24m on Sarr a week or so ago, so my twisted logic suggests a spend under £30m would not signal strong confidence. 
I would love for us to break our transfer record here, but under the circumstances I would also be nervous about us doing so.

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Ooo £35m is a decent price, maybe £30m upfront with 5m add-ons.  Go get him Villa.

And also why are Leicester selling all their players!

Apparently their owners have said they can’t sign anyone without selling first, so they will have to if they want to bring someone in. Not sure if FFP related.

Selling Tielemans also makes sense because he won’t sign a new contract, so would lose him for nothing in May.

Spend and use Gerrard's pulling power for (probably) his last transfer window or save the money for January so a new manager can buy his own players? 

Its not an easy question tbh. Personally I really like the players we have brought in under Gerrard.

What crazy person would join this **** show,

we have a manager that seems to have lost dressing room and supporters .

We have a Captain that is becoming regularly terrible and has basically won a popularity contest,

Our best player rarely starts

4 minutes ago, pete101 said:

What crazy person would join this **** show,

we have a manager that seems to have lost dressing room and supporters .

We have a Captain that is becoming regularly terrible and has basically won a popularity contest,

Our best player rarely starts

Who is our best player then?