Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

Anyone who complains about him other than injuries doesn't know anything about football.

Always love these.

“If you have a different opinion to me you know nothing about football!”

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Well they are the richest club in world football by quite some margin. I think the day the PIF took over was the day everyone got left behind. 

Yea there really is no point in worrying about what they do. 

Newcastle spending £100m on Isak and Joao Pedro.

They are filthy rich, but they have also made smart signings.

We are hit and miss at best, and I feel like we're going to really struggle to get Top 8 for quite some time. Unless we can somehow have a manager that can really get 100% out of all of the players in the squad.

Let's hope we have a few more signings lined up as we will be closer to the bottom 6 than the top 6 this season if we don't.

42 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

"Working behind the scenes on a few situations to try make the team stronger" - does sound like there hopefully will be 2 coming in. Would love Gallagher to be one of them, but realistically we need another defensive minded player in there in place of McGinn or Ramsey

His use of "situations" makes me think "loans".

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Quite a big fee for a guy that bagged 6 goals last season, that’s not to say he’s shit or anything he’s obviously got big potential still.

Yes, he's got potential but 60 million is, again, just insane. He really is not that good. This window has completely fu**ed valuations. One year ago 100 mill for JG was a record and considered crazy, now 50 and 60 mill is  commonplace for whatevertalent.

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

Quite a big fee for a guy that bagged 6 goals last season, that’s not to say he’s shit or anything he’s obviously got big potential still.

Just shows the outlay you need to spend to get a striker in that bracket.  Arsenal spent £45m on Jesus, Spurs £50m for Richarlison.  If we want a striker in that range we'll need to smash our trasnfer record.