Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

39 minutes ago, regular_john said:

Ander Herrera has been let go by PSG. Worth getting him on a free? (Assuming he'd come)

Is he better than what we have?

If he can pass the ball, retain possession and move a bit, then yes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

It would be nice but one assumes if we did that it would have to be a player already playing in the league as a CD or CM........

Answers on whom that may be is difficult and VERY expensive, JWP has been mentioned in the past and that is going to cost you 50m for an above average number 8 and no better who is world class at set pieces. 

Maybe that is enough for some people but I would want the promise of a bit more for that sort of money personally.

I'd pay what ever Southampton want for him,  if we want to progress,  then we need to be more like city/Chelsea and bully them into selling. 

I'd go as much as 70 million myself 

Edited by Joshie2000
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

I'd pay what ever Southampton want for him,  if we want to process,  then we need to be more like city/Chelsea and bully them into selling. 

That is insane.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

I'd pay what ever Southampton want for him,  if we want to progress,  then we need to be more like city/Chelsea and bully them into selling. 

We will never spend that on 1 player. Just isn't happening.

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

Ramsey and McGinn IF you go with a double pivot and sign an 8

I'd have no problem with that,  both need to up there game,  but I think if we had a double pivot,  it would allow them both to play there own game,  

I  think formation of 4 2 3 1 would work,  2 holding midfielders and allow the 4 attack minded players to play there game

5 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

Firstly, that is a mad number. 

Secondly, Chelsea are very much proving that they can't bully people into selling at present. 

7 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

I'd pay what ever Southampton want for him,  if we want to process,  then we need to be more like city/Chelsea and bully them into selling. 

We would hit the FFP ceiling very quickly if we spent like that. The top 6 can spend 3 times as much as us because they have massive revenue.

4 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

I'd have no problem with that,  both need to up there game,  but I think if we had a double pivot,  it would allow them both to play there own game,  

I  think formation of 4 2 3 1 would work,  2 holding midfielders and allow the 4 attack minded players to play there game

I fully agree, playing a double pivot means the 8 is much less important than it is with a 6 and two 8’s

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We will never spend that on 1 player. Just isn't happening.

Agree but that's how the top 4 got to where they are,  if our owners want to compete they may have to,  its great finding this unknown diamonds but they are very few and far between,  I think we'd get him for 50 to 60 million,  and considering we sold grealish for 100 we can't complain. 

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Firstly, that is a mad number. 

Secondly, Chelsea are very much proving that they can't bully people into selling at present. 

It wouldn’t be bullying based on the stupid number he would spend on him.

2 hours ago, regular_john said:

Ander Herrera has been let go by PSG. Worth getting him on a free?

I never rated him to be honest. It was bizarre he ended up at PSG, he was never going to be good enough for them. 

11 hours ago, trillvillan said:

I think Newcastle getting Joao Pedro for 30m is a steal - we should've been all over that. 

Pedro is a real talent, good deal for Ashworth/Newcastle. It was quite depressing when we were reported to be going in for Sarr while they targeted Pedro.

I expect Ashworth to keep making good value signings just like he did at Brighton. While we seem to pick up random PL players who've reached their ceiling and thus become available or look like a bargain.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I never rated him to be honest. It was bizarre he ended up at PSG, he was never going to be good enough for them. 

Man U supporting mate of mine was hopeful they would get him back - described him as brilliant and always played with some actual passion. Wouldn’t mind a bit of that within our ranks in place of one or two. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Really? Not seen much of him but his statistical profile is pretty close to Grealish which doesn't seem like a bad thing.

Anyone who complains about him other than injuries doesn't know anything about football.