Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I used to have faith in the recruiting setup we have but this was the nail in the coffin for me… this recent saga has made me lose all faith in our dealings with transfers, how on earth are we looking at wingers and even if we did we already have coutinho and bailey who can play wide and even buendia of course

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see the priority is central midfield and Douglas Luiz has to start ahead of ramsey and mcginn we look a lot more controlled and harder to run through with him there instead of them but he still lacks many of the elements needed to change the game but we look more protected… sign a central midfielder villa and quickly ! 

Edited by RicRic

Id start Tim, Luiz and Kamara and pick whoever else but we would be a lot more solid because im not watching another game where players are just running straight through us and we look so glitchy in midfield its beyond ridiculous 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I just want a manager who wins say… 40% of games, that would be excellent and I wouldn’t care if they never smiled once

😄😄😄😄 

there you go is four times enough 

• Haha 1

I’m… concerned.

I think SG is happy with his midfield 3.

He seems to favour playing both JJ and McGinn in the same side. Luiz hasn’t really had a look in. Sanson is out of the picture.

I hope I’m wrong but even if we sign a midfielder, I’m unsure it will be an automatic starter that will genuinely upgrade the team or that department. Probably just be another “option” or perceived competition.

SG loves McGinn, adores him. End of. It’s a massive problem. 

Many of us are of the belief that it would be best to pair Kamara with Luiz and play one of John or JJ as the most advanced or attack minded CM.

SG hasn’t done that. And he seems unaware of the fact that we are completely vacating the midfield area.

I don’t see how we are trying to play a possession based game when the distances between players is further apart than ever and there is so much hoofball and aimless crossing rather than a short passing game, no sign of any intricate passages of play or quick one twos or… anything…

We look absolutely dreadful… I am struggling to see or believe that this manager is going to address that issue. Maybe the new assistant will… but that feels like a long shot and the responsibility should lie with the manger. He’s just not much cop… at all.

Again, I can’t think of a better signing right now than replacing the manager.

Otherwise, we are stuck with the same old crap and McGinn continuing to play poorly, be a mainstay in the side and hold on to that armband when he is clearly unfit for it and out of his depth - much like the manager. We’re going to continue to suffer 😔 

It’s all a bit depressing and hopeless…

A statement signing would help…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I used to have faith in the recruiting setup we have but this was the nail in the coffin for me… this recent saga has made me lose all faith in our dealings with transfers, how on earth are we looking at wingers and even if we did we already have coutinho and bailey who can play wide and even buendia of course

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see the priority is central midfield and Douglas Luiz has to start ahead of ramsey and mcginn we look a lot more controlled and harder to run through with him there instead of them but he still lacks many of the elements needed to change the game but we look more protected… sign a central midfielder villa and quickly ! 

I think it's fair to lose some faith. 

I thought our business when we came up was incredibly risky but fortunately we stayed up. Suso was rightly removed after that. 

3 big signings to replace grealish have done little. None of them seem to be able to be a regular player under Gerrard. 

We got one season out of Traore, and we don't play to Bailey's strength so could see that going a similar way. 

Digne has not been a significant improvement. Coutinho isn't looking a smart investment. And despite not playing wingers we seemed to want to spend £25 million on one with 9 days left in the window. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Saga? Whole thing start to finish lasted 30 hours. 

We had 150 days and 1200 pages of fish and tits over a guy who didn't sign two years ago...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m… concerned.

I think SG is happy with his midfield 3.

If this is true, this is one of the core reasons he will end up getting the sack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

This season is a right off and we will be flirting with relegation if the best we can bring in is Bednarek.

He's truly awful and i'd rather keep Hause.

Hause is a better player yep.

I'm hoping that the reason we haven't signed a CM yet is because we are working on a huge deal.

Someone like Neves or Tielemans if we're going down the route of PL experience.

If, and it's a big IF, we can bring in a CM and CB minimum, Gerrard might be able to turn it around.

As others have said, he has properly **** himself by giving the captaincy to McGinn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm hoping that the reason we haven't signed a CM yet is because we are working on a huge deal.

Someone like Neves or Tielemans if we're going down the route of PL experience.

If, and it's a big IF, we can bring in a CM and CB minimum, Gerrard might be able to turn it around.

As others have said, he has properly **** himself by giving the captaincy to McGinn.

Why on earth would either of those players join us? 

37 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Saga? Whole thing start to finish lasted 30 hours. 

We had 150 days and 1200 pages of fish and tits over a guy who didn't sign two years ago...

What a time to be alive that was. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I keep dreaming of an alternative universe where we got Ward-Prowse and Phillips and how good we could be now if we did.

yeah me too, JWP and Phillips would be great bench warmers behind El Capitan McGinn.

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

So this mythical 8. It was Phillips, Bissouma, JWP.

Who is backup option to those now? Or do we wait again until next summer.

i really think Bissouma and Phillips were two of our top targets this summer, and we missed out on them both, but we dont seem to have another plan.

Either that or Gerrard thinks our midfield 3 is good enough, if he does it will probably cost him his job (along with his nuts tactics).

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I think it's fair to lose some faith. 

I thought our business when we came up was incredibly risky but fortunately we stayed up. Suso was rightly removed after that. 

3 big signings to replace grealish have done little. None of them seem to be able to be a regular player under Gerrard. 

We got one season out of Traore, and we don't play to Bailey's strength so could see that going a similar way. 

Digne has not been a significant improvement. Coutinho isn't looking a smart investment. And despite not playing wingers we seemed to want to spend £25 million on one with 9 days left in the window. 

I think a lot of this comes down to the way the players are being used, rather than a lack of ability. That's on the manager.