Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I agree Lange needs to go! Pointless.  Wasted £17 mil on Bertrand Traoré and just brings his danish and Swedish friends to our club.  

I’ve actually thought about this too. When Villa are about to make a signing, or appoint a manager, there are very often Scandinavian names suggested which I assume is because of Lange.

Nothing wrong in itself, there’s talent there. But Ten Hag and Man U have been criticized for only looking at the Eeredivise because that’s all Ten Hag knows, instead of using the club’s network. It seems to me Lange is doing something similar, relying on his nordic contacts — maybe because he doesn’t have any other contacts.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I’ve actually thought about this too. When Villa are about to make a signing, or appoint a manager, there are very often Scandinavian names suggested which I assume is because of Lange.

Nothing wrong in itself, there’s talent there. But Ten Hag and Man U have been criticized for only looking at the Eeredivise because that’s all Ten Hag knows, instead of using the club’s network. It seems to me Lange is doing something similar, relying on his nordic contacts — maybe because he doesn’t have any other contacts.

Why aren't we looking at South America? Spain, Portugal and France? 

Why do we need to add another average defender when we already have Konsa,Mings,Chambers and Hause. No point signing a defender unless he improves our starting 11.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone Bednarek might be to Caleta - Car , what Tarkowski was to Carlos?

Smoke screen or back up option?

Marseille fans cant wait to get rid of Caleta Car. So I hope not.

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

At this point I'll take anyone who can get first contact from an opposition's corner kick cos we have been woeful at those lately

But the whole system supposedly hinges on a ball playing CB. Bednarek is a much a ball playing CB as Elton John is.

11 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

We have 4 cbs right now + Feeney. Then a loan is not needed if it's not a top player that improve us hugely. 

We have Mings who’s form last year was questionable at best. Konsa who’s form has taken a nose dive off a cliff. Hause who has always been a championship level defender. Chambers has done nothing wrong when called upon tbf.

As for feeney. Really? You really want to go into a season where we should be aiming for top half with someone so unproven? Not saying he couldn’t do it but that’s an enormous risk.