Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

19 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Deal for Jobe Bellingham? Could be the reason why Lange was at their game

I thought Liverpool were in for him as the lure to sign Jude next summer? Would be great if we could nick him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, birdistheword said:

Buendia - full pre-season.

Ings - full pre-season.

Bailey - full pre-season.

Digne - only played half the season.

Courinho - only played half the season.

Ramsey, Cash, Archer - improving with age, should be better than last season.

Kamara - looks like the player we have needed for about 10 years.

Gerrard - taking his games into account last season we finish top 10.

Granted there are questions on whether Gerrard is the answer and we could probably do with another CM and striker as staters, we are much better off this season than last.

As we should be better off this season than last, but have we significantly improved enough to feel comfortable achieving our targets and quite honestly i don’t believe we have, i think the club are well run and efficient in their daily operations and if some of us scream we need more its just simply an ingredient they don't see which many of us do, eventually performances over time may prove to them what is needed and they will certainly recruit, wish in the more recent seasons we had spent our money better as spent a ridiculous amount. 

As for those players you say are improving yes they may well be but we are still a couple of players away in those and other positions which we need to spend generously on in order to boost our European hopes IMO. 

I don't think we would get Jobe Bellingham, he's a big small heath fan, so would probably only join us if he didn't have other offers, but being as highly rated as he is when he leaves them he will get plenty of interest.

If we were to sign one of their youngsters I think it would more likely be one of George Hall or Jordan James.

Hall is a winger and England U18 international, I think been linked with Leeds, I watched him play for their U18s a few years back when they were going to close their academy down, and there was talk of us bringing in some of their academy players as a consequence, he looked a good player then, in that game he stood out more than Jobe Bellingham, albeit it was only one game.

Jordan James I've never seen play, but he's only just turned eighteen and has already played twenty plus Championship games, I've seen their fans refer to him as their best player, and has been linked with Leeds, Palace, and Wolves, so must be doing something right.

• Thanks 2

Btw many saying Holding isn’t good enough were once saying Chambers would be 3rd or even 4th choice centre half for us.  Then not long ago there was talk of Chambers and Carlos being our best centre half pairing.    Holding is a very good centre half. He just needs to have a proper chance in a more settled team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Btw many saying Holding isn’t good enough were once saying Chambers would be 3rd or even 4th choice centre half for us.  Then not long ago there was talk of Chambers and Carlos being our best centre half pairing.    Holding is a very good centre half. He just needs to have a proper chance in a more settled team.

Well, he is.  Gerrard seemingly prefers Konsa.

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Well, he is.  Gerrard seemingly prefers Konsa.

Yes sorry I meant to say fans were saying he is good enough for 3rd and 4th. Basically he wasn’t considered a starter at all.

Also I think it’s too early in the season to say Gerrard prefers Konsa.  I reckon Chambers will start Saturday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm not sure how great Holding is, I've not seen him play enough to really make a judgment.

However, I would imagine most people's immediate memory of him, is the brainless red card he received against Spurs at the back end of last season. It was an very important game which they went on to lose 3-0, he was sent off after 33 minutes for repeatedly trying to rough up Hueng-min Son, he got plenty of warnings but persisted. It was a very stupid and very costly dismissal.

If that is most peoples immediate thoughts, then you are going to have a hard time selling him to us. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes sorry I meant to say fans were saying he is good enough for 3rd and 4th. Basically he wasn’t considered a starter at all.

Also I think it’s too early in the season to say Gerrard prefers Konsa.  I reckon Chambers will start Saturday. 

I'm not so sure, Konsa started the first game and was due to come on before Chambers v Everton, Chambers only came on the same time because Carlos injury.

7 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I'm not sure how great Holding is, I've not seen him play enough to really make a judgment.

However, I would imagine most people's immediate memory of him, is the brainless red card he received against Spurs at the back end of last season. It was an very important game which they went on to lose 3-0, he was sent off after 33 minutes for repeatedly trying to rough up Hueng-min Son, he got plenty of warnings but persisted. It was a very stupid and very costly dismissal.

If that is most peoples immediate thoughts, then you are going to have a hard time selling him to us. 

That’s true but he also played in all 4 games before that where they beat Chelsea, United, West Ham and Leeds. This is what got them back in to race for top 4.

But I agree the bad games are what people remember. 

• Like 1

Re Holding- if we play in a low block then yes he’s good. But if we’re insistent on playing with the high line then no. He’ll keep getting caught out when he gets turned around. Decent defender but tactics dependent. Imo. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Not a fan of Holding at all to be honest. I appreciate Carlos's injury puts the club in a difficult position but surely there are better options. 

I'm in the same boat.  I'd rather we go for Caleta-Car personally.

• Like 2