Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Tldr we will offer 17 million for Vitor nelsson

In the olden days we would have been able to swap players, so traore for Nelsson would probably have suited both clubs.

Maybe we can resurrect that old way of doing things ? 

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Marseille must love us. 

I think they are looking to recoup some money in transfer fees, as they have apparently spent quite big this summer according to Transfermarkt.co.uk  . So they might be happier to take our money this time around.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

Or he's been told the "war chest" is empty?

5 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

This is what the most recent signing said:

The manager was one of the big reasons. He played at the highest level, won many things and was a midfielder, too. It means a lot to have interest from him and I think he can teach me many things.”

(Onana about signing for Everton)

I was baiting someone into a KW gif, but alas I failed 😄

14 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

In the olden days we would have been able to swap players, so traore for Nelsson would probably have suited both clubs.

Maybe we can resurrect that old way of doing things ? 

Good old swaps don't work too well for FFP. If we offload Traore we need to assign a value to the sale of Traore and we would want that as high as possible to make our accounts look good. Equally, if the club that sign Traore would want his value as low as possible as that determines their annual amortisation cost. It is much easier to just treat them as separate sales from an accounting perspective

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Good old swaps don't work too well for FFP. If we offload Traore we need to assign a value to the sale of Traore and we would want that as high as possible to make our accounts look good. Equally, if the club that sign Traore would want his value as low as possible as that determines their annual amortisation cost. It is much easier to just treat them as separate sales from an accounting perspective

If it's a swap, you would surely just assign the same value to the new player that was left on the books for the old one (with an adjustment for any salary differential)?

4 minutes ago, Adman said:

If it's a swap, you would surely just assign the same value to the new player that was left on the books for the old one (with an adjustment for any salary differential)?

Let's we were swapping Matty Cash, we probably have about 7m left on our books for Matty, if we are going to use him in a direct swap we would want a player of equal value e.g. 40m. If we brought in a player of 40m value and accounted for him at 7m (Matty's book value), the inland revenue would have an issue (we would not be declaring profit) and so too would FFP as we would be buying a player for 40m but only saying to FFP that he was 7m. 

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Completely BS but how I wish it was true that we were after a top forward.  Obviously more judgment could be made if we knew who it was but this is 99.9% BS rumour.

You do realise Roma is in Italy and not Spain 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Fekir? RDT?

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Completely BS but how I wish it was true that we were after a top forward.  Obviously more judgment could be made if we knew who it was but this is 99.9% BS rumour.

@nick76 your tweet is so 12:52 pm darling, back when everything was buckets for toilets ,  4 tv channels, jumpers for goalposts….

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bayern are letting him go because he's a dick but I think he's about as good a loan CB as will be available 

Nagelsmann doesnt rate him but Salihamidzic really does. It's why they aren't selling him

They had a fall out over this

29 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

They work brilliantly if your Juventus and Barcelona

1 hour ago, birdistheword said:

Traore, Nakamba, El Ghazi, Sanson, Guilbert, Hause can’t even make the squad with 9 subs. Depth isn’t an issue in the slightest, first team quality is.

Premier League wages are handcuffing us from shifting these players...  The only clubs which can offer these players a similar salary or a raise are other Prem clubs and a handful of other top top clubs around Europe (PSG, Bayern, Barca, the Madrid clubs, & maybe a few in Italy).  If someone isn't good enough for us, chances are the ~10 clubs below us which can afford him will deem he isn't good enough for them either.  Rarely, you'll have a Targett situation, but none of those players are good enough to be regular starters in a Premier League team not battling relegation.  This is why we're taking huge losses and or doing loans with options to buy.  Going forward, we need to buy smart and only buy players who will rise in value or buy veterans knowing full well we won't be able to sell for much if it doesn't work out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

You do realise Roma is in Italy and not Spain 🤣

Wondered what the hell you were on about at first, then I got it!  Been a long day, don’t mind me!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nagelsmann doesnt rate him but Salihamidzic really does. It's why they aren't selling him

They had a fall out over this

Saw in one of the german papers Nagelsmann thinks he's got a bit of "made it" in him and coasts through games and training resulting in sloppy mistakes 

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Out of interest, who would you be considering a “top forward” outside of the obvious Roma player you like?

Genuinely interested.