Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

That Saudi money is everywhere it seems :

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1655878/Chelsea-Todd-Boehly-Newcastle-Saudi-Public-Investment-Fund-PIF-Premier-League-football/amp

there’s some fishy going on.  My brother who’s an hard core barcode thinks so too - he’s mates with a couple of guys who work for agents. 

Even before the Carlos injury I felt we were two short now I feel like we’re 3 down. Great maths there by me.

They both manage investment funds with billions of dollars of resources. It is not unusual that they, on occasion, invest in the same vehicle. They have worked together before this too and before Chelsea was acquired. Adidas pay Arsenal money every year via shirt sponsorship and Nassef Swairis is the largest individual shareholder of Adidas. I don't think that is dodgy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yet you still had numpties phoning up Talksport saying how Mings was better than Van Dijk and how we were gonna finish 4th 😂

The point still remains though. We should at least have similar expectations to Wolves as a fanbase. We're almost a mystery as a club, we seem to still think we're this massive club because we had success over 100 years ago but when one of us starts calling out the club saying it needs to do more to catch teams above it we get accused of being unfair, disloyal or having too high expectations. 

We all want success, but there are many who just seem to want to bury their head in the sand and blindly follow the club despite red flags very clearly showing. Maybe they are satisfied with us doing absolutely nothing for 40 years since 1982, I don't know. I don't think being calm helps, because it allows the club to think it can continue with things as they are without taking any action and that will only screw us over further down the line when we have another disappointing season.

Everyone’s different mate. All I want is for to us be competitive for the 90 minutes I get to escape from life every week to watch us play. I don’t care about anything else.

Its not burying heads in the sand to red flags. It’s just not really caring as much anymore.

You need to continue the fight for us! ;)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yes you can if they cost very little. See Kalinic as an example who cost us 6m and we gave him away for nothing to get his wages off the books.

We gave Kalinic away for nothing as he said he would only move to one club who couldnt afford him

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

We gave Kalinic away for nothing as he said he would only move to one club who couldnt afford him

So the point still stands. We did it with him so we could feasibly do it for Guilbert and Hause too (whose transfer fees combined were only slightly more than Kalinic's)

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

So the point still stands. We did it with him so we could feasibly do it for Guilbert and Hause too (whose transfer fees combined were only slightly more than Kalinic's)

We would have to pay them off as well. Hause just signed a new contract and I am sure we were covering a majority of Guilbert wages on his last 2 loan spells

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

You are correct,  and we can ditch anyone for nothing as it may help us with FFP. The big advantage of letting people go for free is that they get all the costs accounted for in the current financial year. Its takes the pain up front and gives us more headroom in the years to come. Letting someone go for free tends to save money, it is just about getting the timing right as to which financial year to make it happen

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I don't think being calm helps, because it allows the club to think it can continue with things as they are without taking any action and that will only screw us over further down the line when we have another disappointing season.

Just out of interest, who do you think the club are? Secondly what possible motivation would they have, whoever they are, to screw us either now or further down the line?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yet you still had numpties phoning up Talksport saying how Mings was better than Van Dijk and how we were gonna finish 4th 😂

The point still remains though. We should at least have similar expectations to Wolves as a fanbase. We're almost a mystery as a club, we seem to still think we're this massive club because we had success over 100 years ago but when one of us starts calling out the club saying it needs to do more to catch teams above it we get accused of being unfair, disloyal or having too high expectations. 

We all want success, but there are many who just seem to want to bury their head in the sand and blindly follow the club despite red flags very clearly showing. Maybe they are satisfied with us doing absolutely nothing for 40 years since 1982, I don't know. I don't think being calm helps, because it allows the club to think it can continue with things as they are without taking any action and that will only screw us over further down the line when we have another disappointing season.

I found the Talksport thing funny and ridiculous at the same time lool, there's always one.

But I get you mate, I know your intentions aren't to be a downer so much and you want the best for the club like everyone else does. It'll come hopefully sooner than later.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Fekir? RDT?

Probably a load of rubbish, but  players that fit the description:

• Danjuma
  • Moreno
  • Depay
  • Isak
  • Raul de Tomas
  • Morata (money laundering option)
  • Inaki Williams
  • Umar Sadiq

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's so secret that HITC were given the information. Lol

Mi5 , Mi6 and COBRA meetings were held to try and get this information yet HITC cunningly got there first.

The CIA and KGB were having a dick measuring contest but HITC got in there before they both could get the tape measures in position. 

actual footage of HITC getting this top secret info.;

image.gif.84e7768f176b63da1cb55697015514cf.gif

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Probably a load of rubbish, but  players that fit the description:

• Danjuma
  • Moreno
  • Depay
  • Isak
  • Raul de Tomas
  • Morata (money laundering option)
  • Inaki Williams
  • Umar Sadiq

When did my cousin Umar get on this list???

• Like 1