Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Zagadou looked a real promising player but his injury record would be too much of a risk for me, especially given the situation we find ourselves in. Also have to factor in that he's left footed, which would mean you couldn't really play him with Mings as when do you see left footed CBs play on their wrong side.

Definitely moves to be had out there though, from your more ambitious moves like Lacroix to the free agents like Denayer etc. They obviously had a shortlist of players in the first place that Carlos came out on top of in terms of ability, price, muscular thighs and so forth, so will be interesting to see what happens should we move for a replacement.

4 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Is James Garner a decent player? I've never really watched him play,  one of my colleagues that supports Utd seems to think he'll fit in with our midfield? 

Not sure we should be digging up his corpse, though he was great in Maverick and the Rockford Files.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, striker said:

I love this type of post ruling out certain players due to nothing more than an opinion or a reference to wages.

Neither you nor I or anyone else for that matter outside the club know dick all about who the club might be interested in or what wages they would accept, or whether they would want to be a part of AVFC.

However, if you reference recent signings then anything reasonable is possible.

For instance, Ndicka is coming to the end of his contract. He has already played with Kamara and most players abroad wouldn’t dismiss the idea of playing in the Premiership for a well known player/manager and an improving team with ambitious owners who have deep pockets.

Concerning Soyuncu he has certainly lost his way a bit but I’m not sure you’re correct in saying he isn’t good enough. Few would have refused the chance to sign him previously?

NDicka is playing Champions League football, he's not leaving that for us. Same with Kostic he was linked to West Ham but it was never happening, instead it's Juve.

Kamara was too good to turn down and had no fee so his wages could be balanced.

Our wage bill is the 7th highest in the league, players now are running down their contracts for bigger wages. If we sign a player with a year left they aren't going to compromise on that and we are paying a fee.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Based on tonight’s performance so far I’m sure Klopp will make Nat Phillips available for a move before the night is out.

Probably release him on a free.

Not an upgrade on anything we have and certainly not the answer.

• Like 1

I know people are only speculating who we could realistically look to loan in as cover but christ, Nat Phillips is a donkey.  

Gotta be a young CB out there we could look at, who in 2 years we can flog to Chelsea for £200mill.

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What is your purpose on here? 🤦🏿‍♂️

judging on are transfer window i would have thought they were going to get more quality apart from carlos  thats what he would have been told and we domt know on coutinio yet