Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

If we sign a new CB then one of Mings/Konsa/Chambers will leave the club next summer

It’s the only way we will progress as a club. At least we’d get some money for any of those. Konsa would probably be the one that I would sell though.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Why ? We have Chambers, Konsa, Hause ....... we don't need another CH !!!

Umm maybe because with the exception of Chambers the other two are crap?

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

John Stones or Joe Gomez on loan for six or twelve months?

Both players not starting regularly and may want games during a World Cup season. 

They have more chance of going to the World Cup on the Liverpool/City bench than the Villa starting lineup

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Both players not starting regularly and may want games during a World Cup season. 

Not a bad call but I can't see their clubs letting them go

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Nice soundbite, I really don't think so

They do I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

People really don't understand how key the entire way the team plays is based around Carlos and Kamara being press resistant players who can pass the ball.

We lose Carlos from that and it fundamentally cripples the way we intend to play. It's absolutely critical we essentially write off that transfer now and sign a new ball playing CB if at all possible. Our entire season hinges on this CB signing.

Not seen much too much decent building from the back with Carlos in the side. No doubt he's very good at it though. Super comfortable.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Clubs knowing we are also " desperate" for a CB would try to fleece us, so yeah I think we need to make an intelligent decision here.

I don’t think we should be in a “desperate” situation though we have 4 senior central defenders + Feeney.  The midfield is actually still more of an issue imo.

I'm convinced we will be bringing in a quality CM to play alongside Kamara. this will make playing out from the back a bit easier as Kamara can drop back to collect simple passes from the defence. This would allow us to go for a typically English style "old fashioned" CB like Nat Phillips who may well be available on loan. He's not a Diego Carlos type CB, but he would solve another problem that was glaringly obvious in our first game of the season.

Bournemouth highlighted our lack of an aerially dominant CB with Mings out, and Philips is a bit of a beast who wins more headers than most CB's. 

Mings and Phillips as a partnership could sort out our set piece problems.

16 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Yup Gomez would be a perfect replacement for a long term injured CB. He would be joining Carlos on the treatment table after one game!

Mings is also susceptible to injury so Villa definitely need a quality 1st team replacement for Carlos.