Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

50 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I'm not sure I really count that as a good enough piece of news in the light of another loss. Luiz barely makes the starting XI and him leaving wouldn't greatly bother me! His contract status is largely inconsequential to my positivity/negativity towards Villa's future. 

I would say you're in the slight minority with that. They'll take anything that can generate some positivity.

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

its pretty simple for me.

We need a top class no.8 critically.

next on the list is a striker, but tbh that would be a nice to have, not critical.

We 100% need a no.8 that can help take our midfield to the next level (Kamara/new no.8/whoever).

I think we need a number 11 more than anything. When Gerrard gets the boot and the next manager comes in wanting to play a proper formation we won't be able to.

Fekir must be an old link.

If it's not and we want him, must indicate a move to 4231. Critchley constantly tried to play it at Blackpool but never had the players.

Buendia did all his best work for Norwich as a narrow RW in a 4231, Coutinho can play off the left.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Fekir must be an old link.

If it's not and we want him, must indicate a move to 4231. Critchley constantly tried to play it at Blackpool but never had the players.

Buendia did all his best work for Norwich as a narrow RW in a 4231, Coutinho can play off the left.

Where does that leave Bailey?

12 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

On the bench with 4 more players of decent enough quality to be able to come on and affect the game.

It’s a 16 man show now. We don’t need to start our best 11 footballers.

We do if we can’t even beat Bournemouth.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, RicRic said:

And they wonder why we have so many growing concerns about SG 😕 and many say we are overreacting when we react to these string of results, not saying cut him loose now by all means however if potter suddenly walked out of brighton I certainly would do 😂 bottom line is the players we have are capable of doing far far better than this … 4 wins out of 12 id question but TWO!!! And seven were losses!. Surely those protecting SG can understand and its not just from the season opener

Wrong thread. Take this tripe to SG.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

First to last in my priority  

Shift the dead weight, AEG, Sanson, Traore, Steer, Hause, KD, Freddie.

Use funds to sign an 8

If possible replace an Ings or a Watkins with a new Striker

If possible replace Mings with a new LCB

If possible replace McGinn With another 8

Yes to all of this.

43 minutes ago, messi11 said:

We need to stop signing 29 + year olds. Gerrard trying to cripple the club after he gets sacked

Jeez!  If they are good enough, who gives a shit what age they are? 

I saw a very interesting report recently, that Fekir nearly signed for Liverpool in 2019 (from Lyon, before he signed for Real Betis).

Apparently the deal was done, medical done etc, Fekir just needed to sign on the bottom line, then Fekir's agent started asking for more money and causing issues, so Klopp immediately pulled the plug and said "no thanks".

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

I saw a very interesting report recently, that Fekir nearly signed for Liverpool in 2019 (from Lyon, before he signed for Real Betis).

Apparently the deal was done, medical done etc, Fekir just needed to sign on the bottom line, then Fekir's agent started asking for more money and causing issues, so Klopp immediately pulled the plug and said "no thanks".

There seems to be many rumours about that failed Liverpool move. Funny detail that he was intended to be a replacement for Coutinho.

This article, very critical against Fakir, celebrates the fact he never arrived at Anfield:

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-nabil-fekir-transfer-news-18005575

• Like 1