Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Who cares ??? … hes one of our players, bet if martinez or buendia left youd have more to say about it , its to a PL club higher than us .. one rule in football is not to make other teams in the league you are competing against stronger.. should have sold him to dortmund or barca 

It’s not that simple. Most teams would have waited to January Barca especially. We’ve done very well here 

13 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Who cares ??? … hes one of our players, bet if martinez or buendia left youd have more to say about it , its to a PL club higher than us .. one rule in football is not to make other teams in the league you are competing against stronger.. should have sold him to dortmund or barca 

But if u believe Chuk won't get game time at Chelsea how are we making them stronger?

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Excluding extra fees, this is the balance of our transfer business so far:

IN

Kamara - free

Coutinho - £17m

Carlos - £26m

Olsen - £3m

Augustinsson - loan

OUT

Targett - £15m

Chukwuemeka - £20m

Trezeguet - £4m

So that's a net spend of £7m to bring in three quality starters while shipping out a backup LB, a backup winger and a talented but unproven midfielder who had barely even played for us. Not bad so far.

I agree, it is great business. That said, the 4m for Targett (I assume the loan fee last season) can't really be considered in this window, otherwise u should really include the Digne fee. Either way, 7m or 1mm net spend it is still great business

We dont need their poxy money, we need to keep our best young players. Gutted. But what can you do?

Apparently Gods will is that you get loaned out by poxy Chelsea for years before everybody forgets you exist. Good thinking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The fact Carney becomes our 3rd biggest sale is equally hilarious and concerning. 

4th. Downing was just over £20m I believe.

Which probably reinforces your 'concerning' comment. 

With Carney all but gone, and Traore seemingly out of the picture, I feel there could be scope for us to bring in another attacker, not necessarily an out and out striker, but another player that can play in the front three, as it stands at the moment, if two of Coutinho, Buendia, or Bailey were to get injured outside of playing players out of position we would be short options in the two 'no.10' roles/ wide forward roles.

I was thinking Noni Madueke from PSV, but he's apparently out injured until NovemeberYunus Musah from Valencia could be another good option, I've only seen him play for US but looked good both as a central midfielder and further forward, so could be a good direct replacement for Chukwuemeka.

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

The great thing about this transfer is that we won't miss him and he didn't contribute anything to our 1st team so there is nothing to miss

Very confident that this news means we’ve got signings coming. 

• Like 1