Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

It does scream that we have a management team that understand the financial aspect of the game is extremely important to build future success. If we can offload Hause, Traore, Guilbert and Nakamba we could be in a positive net spend for 2 successive season which would be unbelievable considering that our squad is much improved.

Ye, i hope we can offload the players we need to, will help immensely.

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The negative feelings towards Chuk and the accusations of his motives can also be directed towards quite a few of the young players we are now loving watching come through to the senior squad. Only 2 years ago Tim Iroegbunam was Baggies young player of the year. It doesn't make them a bad person if they decide they want to continue their development at a more successful club.

But to a club known to not give the youth game time is ridiculous wheres the development there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

But to a club known to not give the youth game time is ridiculous wheres the development there

Who cares? He wanted to leave and all going well for him he’ll be on Chelsea’s books. It’s football. 

Just now, RicRic said:

Mason Mount, Tammy, Hudson O all had good development at Chelsea. They had tactically astute loans followed by opportunities in the 1st 11. Mount is now a first team regular, Tammy became an international and got a big transfer to Roma and I beklieve Hudson O has had injury issues. The path is there at Chelsea

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Mason Mount, Tammy, Hudson O all had good development at Chelsea. They had tactically astute loans followed by opportunities in the 1st 11. Mount is now a first team regular, Tammy became an international and got a big transfer to Roma and I beklieve Hudson O has had injury issues. The path is there at Chelsea

Mate three players out of a billion … anyone that knows football knows they hardly play the youth and loan them out , they are the worst out of all the teams bar man city.. and everyone is saying the same thing btw so I wouldn’t use that statement to support anything moving forward 

Edited by RicRic

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Who cares? He wanted to leave and all going well for him he’ll be on Chelsea’s books. It’s football. 

Who cares ??? … hes one of our players, bet if martinez or buendia left youd have more to say about it , its to a PL club higher than us .. one rule in football is not to make other teams in the league you are competing against stronger.. should have sold him to dortmund or barca 

27 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I was not expecting him to go to chelsea..good riddance anyway..dont need a toxic kid upsetting the "better" young lads in the squad

Tell me this means Sangare will be announced soon.

Just now, RicRic said:

Mate three players out of a billion … anyone that knows football knows they hardly play the youth and loan them out , they are the worst out of all the teams bar man city 

Reece James, Chaloba, RLC, Christiansen.  That’s just the ones that did well at Chelsea. Many have on gone to other clubs and done well. 

He won’t be good enough for Chelsea anytime soon if ever in my opinion but if he gets paid a big salary in the meantime it’s a good move for him. 

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

If Leicester lose Fofana I wonder if they’ll come in for Mings? And if so, I wonder if we’d accept a reasonable fee (circa £30M)?

that wont happen, i would literally bet money on it (the Mings bit).

6 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Mate three players out of a billion … anyone that knows football knows they hardly play the youth and loan them out , they are the worst out of all the teams bar man city.. and everyone is saying the same thing btw so I wouldn’t use that statement to support anything moving forward 

Fikayo Tomori is another name for you and there are more. The better youth players do get a chance at Chelsea and Chelsea has a demonstrable path to a successful career for these players

5 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

This is how our club becomes successful. 

Look at the money Liverpool and City get in every year for players we've barely heard of.

I agree. Selling players for profit is hugely important. Yes, I would prefer Chuk to stay at Villa but as it was clear he wanted pastures new it is a great bit of business by the club to get a (I am assuming) decent fee. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If Leicester lose Fofana I wonder if they’ll come in for Mings? And if so, I wonder if we’d accept a reasonable fee (circa £30M)?

Think they might go for Saliba at Arsenal. But maybe he's impressed enough to be in their plans this season.

Leicester still have Söyunku, Vestergaard, Evans and Amartey but they all had poor seasons last year.