Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

A few weeks before we signed him the papers had him down as an ideal striker for a Champions League team. We are in for big things this year from Ings I hope. 

We don’t want to put too pressure on his shoulders, it is a team game after all

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

You chose a black player that had issues from his youth and then compared him with another black player who plays football from the heart

My point had nothing to do with race as you well know. Pushing the wrong buttons in your ZatCave as usual.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, burchy said:

We’ve also got a fair few of the u21s that will be classed as home grown from next season too so I think we’re alright on that front (Ramsey, Archer - although not sure on his DOB)

U21s don't get included as far as I understand it

That goals per 90 doesn’t really tell the full story.

Ollie started 33 games, got 11 goals and 2 assists… goal contribution = 13

Ings started 22 games, got 7 goals and 6 assists… goal contribution = 13.

On 27/07/2022 at 13:46, allani said:

Check out how many more players had more goal contributions than Ollie.  Of the 25 top goalscorers last season - he was 23rd in terms of goal contributions.  That is the problem.  He scored 11 but only got 2 assists.  He has no vision and plays with his head down the whole time.  This means he doesn't turn enough possession into chances for himself or chances for others.

He'll get more with better understanding around him. We have the quality, we need consistency now with tactics & selection as well as performance.

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

Neither are listed as HG on the website I used as a source

No reason I can see that Steer isnt HG - came through Norwich system and was born there. Eligible for Scotland too, but has represented England at U19 level.

36 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Even CurryOnVilla is more reliable than TalkSport 

If I had a little more drive, I’d set up that Twitter handle right now, post something and upload it here. But I don’t. 

Feel like you’ve missed a trick there.