Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Which side does he play? Left centre back or right sided centre back? I know next to nothing about him

Played LCB when playing with Kounde but I believe he’s played the rest of his career as RCB

• Thanks 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where do you think he will play for us and who with?

I imagine he'll go back and forth from left to right. My prediction is Mings-Carlos is the pairing that we see the most often. The biggest difference to me is that while Carlos isn't the kind of CB you'd want on Man City as far as possession and carrying the ball forward, he's a much better passer than Konsa. So having him and Mings together will keep us from being too "left-footed" in build up, which I think was a serious problem last season. You're a lot easier to defend when opponents know they only have to cover half the pitch.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where do you think he will play for us and who with?

No idea on this one, we have three other CB’s that I think have reasons that justify playing with him and whichever one it is will determine which side he plays.  I assume he’ll start with Mings and thus as RCB.  If it’s with either of the other two he’ll be LCB.

• Thanks 1

Memphis third favourite to join Villa 🫤 9/1…probably nothing, probably something … gini is quite sluggish imo id give that a miss and he can stay at PSG, not that interested … we need a young thug to boss that area

Edited by RicRic

32 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Played LCB when playing with Kounde but I believe he’s played the rest of his career as RCB

I reckon it's actually a real positive for his career and level of defensive understanding and reading of the game, having played on both sides to a high level i mean.

• Like 2

I know we have had a pretty good window and I should be pleased it was done mostly at the start, but I think this maybe the longest we have gone in a summer transfer window without signing a first teamer.

it’s making me wish we spread our signings out! 

I need excitement and speculation dammit! 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is my issue, and it goes for ALL issues these days, even simple issues about our own team and club.

There is no nuance or in between stance possible, you're either THIS, or THAT. Ffs

As an example.... a player could possibly face massive backlash within their own country and religious community , regardless of what their personal stance might be. To the point of expulsion, death threats etc. I find that people are very selfish in their own " good fight " and don't realise they are alienating other cultures and communities within the same process.

That's just an example.

I personally wouldn't be galavanting around Jamaica in a Pride shirt either ffs, for a multitude of reasons.

Does that mean I'm homophobic?

It's pretty clear when it comes to things like gay rights, mate - there are two viewpoints. 

As for the second part, (I assume) you're not a public figure sending a message to footballers who are afraid of coming out because of what it might mean for their careers. 

The multitude of reasons would dictate whether or not you're homophobic, I'd imagine. 

I am, by and large, a very tolerant person but there comes a point where being 'respectful' to childish and stupid right-wing aspects of certain cultures/communities is just counter-productive to modern, progressive society and enables backwards nonsense like we've seen in the USA lately. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I personally wouldn't be galavanting around Jamaica in a Pride shirt either ffs, for a multitude of reasons.

Like what? 

I’ve been to many places around the world but haven’t been to Jamaica, so I’m intrigued.

20 hours ago, Tayls said:

Do you reckon we’ll improve on what we have in the starting 11? 

I do, yes. Another midfielder. Perhaps towards the end of the window. 

Not so optimistic on another striker. 

25 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's pretty clear when it comes to things like gay rights, mate - there are two viewpoints. 

As for the second part, (I assume) you're not a public figure sending a message to footballers who are afraid of coming out because of what it might mean for their careers. 

The multitude of reasons would dictate whether or not you're homophobic, I'd imagine. 

I am, by and large, a very tolerant person but there comes a point where being 'respectful' to childish and stupid right-wing aspects of certain cultures/communities is just counter-productive to modern, progressive society and enables backwards nonsense like we've seen in the USA lately. 

I agree. In some cultures, people believe that women are not entitled to an education. If a football club had a message on their shirt saying they supported education for women and a player refused to wear it I would hope the club never gave him another opportunity to ever wear the club's shirt (regardless of sponsor's name) again. I am struggling to understand why people are finding reasons to defend Gana with this. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, lexicon said:

So to please an agenda but risk serious consequences where you are from would be the right thing to do … like he said you could not do such a thing in jamaica, so overall they need to keep football strictly football and forget about these agendas and so forth and that includes taking the knee because even then some players did not want to do that either 🤷🏾‍♂️ But none will have faced the criticism Gueye did . Its pretty clear which agendas are taken more seriously 

Edited by RicRic

3 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I thing Dougie will still be off. I can see us signing a midfielder if we can get someone in who’s worth it. If not I imagine we’ll wait until January.

I have got to the stage of hoping that Dougie will be off. I don't think he will extend his contract so I would like to see 20m+ for him now rather than zero next summer. If we could get 20m and add a few pennies from the piggybank to that it could be a very exciting replacement

• Like 1