Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Sounds a bit like Watkins 😏

Yeah probably more than a bit, Watkins is a bit more understated as a personality and Tammy probably has better feet I'd say. I rate Watkins a lot, liking Tammy doesn't mean I don't like Watkins. I don't think we'll sign Tammy either but saying he's not all that because he plays in Italy isn't right. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allani said:

I know* a REALLY good place with 5 holiday apartments and an AMAZING pool about 40 mins north of Lecce - and with close access to lots of other great places in Puglia.  So if you ever decide to check out just how good Lecce is....

* OK, OK yes as the owner I am a bit biased!!!

Puglia is hands down one of my favourite places that I have been to. Food amazing, people lovely, great beaches and scenery. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Puglia is hands down one of my favourite places that I have been to. Food amazing, people lovely, great beaches and scenery. 

Maybe I need to create a Puglia Appreciation post before the mods tell me off for hijacking the Transfer Speculation thread.  Unfortunately there are no players from either Lecce, Bari or my local team Virtus Francavilla that I can recommend / make up a transfer link for!!!

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, allani said:

Maybe I need to create a Puglia Appreciation post before the mods tell me off for hijacking the Transfer Speculation thread.  Unfortunately there are no players from either Lecce, Bari or my local team Virtus Francavilla that I can recommend / make up a transfer link for!!!

Try something tenuous with Conte!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, allani said:

Must be a new Cassano breaking through we can link too 😉

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

The Italian league is a bit like the championship, so I assume he has. 

Tammy isn't enough of an upgrade on Watkins and only looks like a world better now as the league he is playing in isn't as tough as the PL. If Watkins went to Italy then he would score a similar amount. 

It's not what it once was, but it's not bad either and WBA & Small Heath, would really, really struggle in it. ;)

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

They just wanted to write something about Martinez.

6 foot is small for a centre back now but it isn't exactly far off average.

I wouldn't sign Martinez at 5'9" as a centre back.

I mentioned him as someone we could have considered when Arsenal were reported to be interested, but were unwilling to pay the money his club wanted. His "Elphick like" height was mentioned then. Apparently Newton Heath didn't see the money or his height as a problem. I hope they will be proved wrong now.  

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think he was marvellous for us, but my take is, he was predominately played in....Weimann did most of the running.

When he went to Liverpool, Klopp was frustrated with his lack of Movement.....hence he went.

Dwight on the other hand, made goals for himself.....with his quick feet, speed of thought and body movement.

I would have a Dwight Yorke in our team in a flash.....less the ending of his career with us.

Problem is he wouldn't want to come, or if he did he'd be wanting away as soon as he had made a name for himself again. His departure soured me towards him, although I keep hearing that he is going to make a great PL manager (from him:rolleyes:). 

Neville on the Man United player who regretted that Ferguson didn't retire  sooner image.jpeg.2a8369e7ee56eade1255286c1e657596.jpeg

9 minutes ago, John said:

Problem is he wouldn't want to come, or if he did he'd be wanting away as soon as he had made a name for himself again. His departure soured me towards him, although I keep hearing that he is going to make a great PL manager (from him:rolleyes:). 

Neville on the Man United player who regretted that Ferguson didn't retire  sooner image.jpeg.2a8369e7ee56eade1255286c1e657596.jpeg

Not you by the way John, although you did bring him up.

Edited by Roitorb
Apology
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pez1974 said:

Jumps on to check if anything has been reported. People are debating Lukaku. As you were.

Plus Conte is in southern Italy trying to sign Cassano's nephew.  Hopefully Lange is flying in as we speak to try and disrupt proceedings!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Sort of feels like nothing will happen until they get back to Birmingham. 

I feel like our work is done. We filled the gaps in the squad. Now it's about looking a possible replacements if any players move on.

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I feel like our work is done. We filled the gaps in the squad. Now it's about looking a possible replacements if any players move on.

I think another will come in if it’s worthwhile and we can move some on, but if not I don’t think we’ll be signing anybody for the sake of it. We’ve got enough numbers.

1 hour ago, allani said:

I know* a REALLY good place with 5 holiday apartments and an AMAZING pool about 40 mins north of Lecce - and with close access to lots of other great places in Puglia.  So if you ever decide to check out just how good Lecce is....

* OK, OK yes as the owner I am a bit biased!!!

Thanks for the tip off. I’ll be in touch if we ever decide to finally make the trip. Send me a VT discount code. 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I think another will come in if it’s worthwhile and we can move some on, but if not I don’t think we’ll be signing anybody for the sake of it. We’ve got enough numbers.

Yes I can see another midfielder coming in if one of our midfielders is sold / loaned out. I can't see a forward joining now tbh unless maybe Traore moves on

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes I can see another midfielder coming in if one of our midfielders is sold / loaned out. I can't see a forward joining now tbh unless maybe Traore moves on

I'd be very disappointed if we go into this season with the same midfield with the exception of Kamara.