Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Way too many attention seekers these days. It makes me LaUgh the rIdiculous lengths they go to for attention. 

Zebra NEW CONTRACT.

Wiluiz new contract... I don't get it

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair to Paul I’d have believed Buendia and Carlos:l. But somebody said we’d have Coutinho I’d have to ask what they’d been smoking (and if I could have some).

Coutinho was someone not wanted at the club and no one wanted to sign for the financial package it would take.

What was extraordinary about the deal was the financial package that it took in the end, not that we signed him.

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Coutinho was someone not wanted at the club and no one wanted to sign for the financial package it would take.

What was extraordinary about the deal was the financial package that it took in the end, not that we signed him.

Regardless of the circumstances if you told me Coutinho would be our player a year ago I would say you have lost the plot. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, paul514 said:

And if other clubs had been able to get him for the salary we did, they'd have jumped at the chance. Fact is, he didn't want to play for anyone else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wes said:

Could anyone here honestly imagine us having these three players together on our team 18 months ago?

#TrustTheProcess

Yes and no. Yes, of course, but I get "no," too, since my long-held Villa gloom always tells me "don't get carried away now." It's a lovely photo, and it makes me feel instantly happy, so I get the excitement. But ...

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

A player no one wanted, a championship player and a 29 year old with a year left on his deal at the 4th/5th biggest club in Spain.....

Yea I did

I mean, yeah, why the eff not? We need imagination and ambition, after all, don't we? I thought we were going for Europe? If we can't even imagine players like this at Villa and better ones, can we please just drop all the "aiming for Europe" nonsense?

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Konsa on the other hand .....

He look desperate to get fit, so he can fight for his place. He's definitely had his nose put out of joint with Carlos' arrival.

The squad is looking really hungry. If we can steer clear of injuries then I think we'll have a good season.

• Like 2

El Ghazi is playing with the youth teams against Hednesford tonight according to reports on twitter, so clearly has not travelled to Australia. Others who have been touted as leaving such as Keinan Davis and Guilbert are both in Brisbane, so it would seem Anwar's move away is either more guaranteed to happen or more imminent.

And Speaking of Keinan

Seems the original report is from Percy in this article. The full quote is:

Forest have also held cordial discussions with Aston Villa over a possible deal for Keinan Davis, who spent the second half of last season on loan.

Villa and Forest have excellent relationships both at board and manager level and Davis could yet return to the City Ground this summer.

Davis has joined Villa in Australia for their pre-season tour, however, and a deal is not believed to be imminent.

Edited by Wes
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He look desperate to get fit, so he can fight for his place. He's definitely had his nose put out of joint with Carlos' arrival.

The squad is looking really hungry. If we can steer clear of injuries then I think we'll have a good season.

Must be really tough for players at times 

One minute you're a " star " and guaranteed starter.

Next minute you're out of form, out of favour, injured and watching you're trusted work mates canoodling with the new cool kids on the block, knowing that things might never be the same for you again.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Wes said:

And Speaking of Keinan

Seems like they've intelligently done some good business at hefty enough fees, and are now ready to hand us the leftover scraps of their budget 🙄

Shite for us, but power play by them, given the circumstances.

Wonder if a hefty loan fee with a buy option/obligation would work?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, Wes said:

And Speaking of Keinan

Forest have also held cordial discussions with Aston Villa over a possible deal for Keinan Davis, who spent the second half of last season on loan.

Villa and Forest have excellent relationships both at board and manager level and Davis could yet return to the City Ground this summer.

Davis has joined Villa in Australia for their pre-season tour, however, and a deal is not believed to be imminent.

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488690rxlco7wyy170ele8

My other uncle phil gif is ready and primed 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

way too many attention seekers these days. it makes me LaUgh the rIdiculous lengths they go to for attention. ...

Hold up. I thought Tory leadership-battle posts went in "OFF TOPIC"?

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Must be really tough for players at times 

One minute you're a " star " and guaranteed starter.

Next minute you're out of form, out of favour, injured and watching you're trusted work mates canoodling with the new cool kids on the block, knowing that things might never be the same for you again.

Well said. Brutal, and often hitting players a very young age, too. Sometimes the price is just ... steep.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'd love us to sign Scamacca based purely on Football manager and seeing other teams linked to him.

I also like the look of Andrea Pinamonti if we are going for Italian strikers … 

45 minutes ago, Wes said:

And Speaking of Keinan

I bet Gerrard wanted to have a look at Davis and Archer himself in pre season before he decided on their futures. Yes we would likely sell Davis but Gerrard could rate him enough that whatever offer Forest made wasn't worth selling him at. It's also good for the squad if Loan players are assessed by the manager, shows everyone is under consideration.

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems like they've intelligently done some good business at hefty enough fees, and are now ready to hand us the leftover scraps of their budget 🙄

Shite for us, but power play by them, given the circumstances.

Wonder if a hefty loan fee with a buy option/obligation would work?

I can guarantee you there are more clubs interested in Keinan than just Forest. 

• Like 1