Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

47 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

He was on a podcast a week or so ago saying that we were still after a CM, most likely Gallagher, a LB and another forward option.

In that case he knows exactly what he’s talking about. I wait with baited breath. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

A proper midfielder he is we'll walk the league with him and Kamara as a double pivot 🤔

Only 5ft 9. People would riot if we signed him

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The problem is thats his job. Theres no money these days in papers so he is paid to get people to click . He is sold by Birmingham Live as their Villa man , and as long as he wants to pay his mortgage and feed himself and his family thats what will continue to happen. Look at really good journalists like Matt Kendrick who now have to do Aston Villa quizzes on Youtube to see how things have changed for all time. 

This is true and, as we all know, applies to many “sports journalists”. Given this I think we should ignore all of it. I know social media users don’t like this approach but what is the point in regurgitating bull crap?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, useless said:

I notice that Ashley Young, Feeney, and Wilson are all signed to CAA Base and they all sign deals with us in the last 24 hours. Trezeguet also signed with them his deal was finalized in the last few days too. Going by that I wonder if Davis, also signed with CAA Base is next.

Didn’t Davis sign a new 4 year contract here not so long ago? Edit- he signed it in 2020, so he’s got 2 years to run 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Aribo to Southampton - journalists gonna scamper now to invent a different Rangers player to Villa clickbait now.

Ryan Kent it is then, until he signs for Fulham

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Aribo to Southampton - journalists gonna scamper now to invent a different Rangers player to Villa clickbait now.

£10m feels fairly cheap. Interesting to see how he gets on. Can play almost any position outside of defence.

Was going on a free of course when we spend £16m on El Ghazi and Trez.

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The problem is thats his job. Theres no money these days in papers so he is paid to get people to click . He is sold by Birmingham Live as their Villa man , and as long as he wants to pay his mortgage and feed himself and his family thats what will continue to happen. Look at really good journalists like Matt Kendrick who now have to do Aston Villa quizzes on Youtube to see how things have changed for all time. 

Yeah, all you have to do is take a pinch of salt with the info. It's honestly better than nothing, and he's a decent guy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Yeah but that £16m wasted on two players whose goals got us promoted and kept us in this League. Also a couple of nice days out at Wembley.Most wouldn’t complain!

Exactly - £16m is literal peanuts in today's market, but it kept us up so they covered their transfer fees and then some.

3 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:

This is true and, as we all know, applies to many “sports journalists”. Given this I think we should ignore all of it. I know social media users don’t like this approach but what is the point in regurgitating bull crap?

much easier said than done though. the last couple of years have taught us there is really very little need for this thread at all as our transfer business is so hush hush

but what else is there to talk about if we don't discuss the speculation, even if we know 99% of it is totally made up

it's when people take it too seriously that it gets a bit tedious, getting irate about a player they aren't keen on because some 3rd rate journo has tweeted about it or taking ashley preece's word as gospel

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Exactly - £16m is literal peanuts in today's market, but it kept us up so they covered their transfer fees and then some.

Got 4 million back for one of them too.