Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, Zatman said:

West Ham had 3 relegations in this time period

And also, of course we'd have spent more than Leeds in 22 years, they've spent a lot of it in the Championship and/or League One - as did Leicester between 2004 and 2014. It's a total pointless exercise in comparing spends during such periods.

Coming to the point where we need to get more bang for our buck. Can't be spending 100ms and massively inflating the wage bill just to be finishing 11-13th every season. Different era but finishing 6th three times in a row wasn't good enough in the long run, we'd all take that now of course and agree Gerrard has done a brilliant job.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Coming to the point where we need to get more bang for our buck. Can't be spending 100ms and massively inflating the wage bill just to be finishing 11-13th every season. Different era but finishing 6th three times in a row wasn't good enough in the long run, we'd all take that now of course and agree Gerrard has done a brilliant job.

“The bang for our buck” signings are all the youth players we’ve signed… just gotta wait for them to mature. But watching the England U19 now, villa players are looking real good

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

“The bang for our buck” signings are all the youth players we’ve signed… just gotta wait for them to mature. But watching the England U19 now, villa players are looking real good

Kamara on a free dosen't qualify for that? One of most sought after DMs in europe and he wouldn't be good enough to get us from 14th to 10th at least with his quality in that position.

Of course he needs to settle in and we also need to sign another CM imo but that's example I'm talking of.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Kamara on a free dosen't qualify for that? One of most sought after DMs in europe and he wouldn't be good enough to get us from 14th to 10th at least with his quality in that position.

Of course he needs to settle in and we also need to sign another CM imo but that's example I'm talking of.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886u0crhnkg2vixg4qlkf

I really would like Conor Gallagher here. The only way I see Chelsea selling is if they want Rice, Sterling and whoever else. 

They’ll need to bring some money in so selling Gallagher for £40m+ might not be outside the realm of possibility. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really would like Conor Gallagher here. The only way I see Chelsea selling is if they want Rice, Sterling and whoever else. 

They’ll need to bring some money in so selling Gallagher for £40m+ might not be outside the realm of possibility. 

Plus we’d have a lot of competition for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not least Crystal Palace where he seemed very happy.

As much as he probably loves Palace after having his breakthrough season there last year. If he does leave they won’t have a chance IMO, they don’t buy players for that type of money and if it comes to an auction which it will they won’t be able to compete with the other clubs who will be involved. 

14 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not least Crystal Palace where he seemed very happy.

Interesting to see if he’s one of these “London Only” type players if he leaves Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

West Ham had 3 relegations in this time period

West Ham have been very ambitious since their last promotion. I’d say squad wise they were 2-3 years ahead of us.  I’d like to think the gap is quite small now though. 

Gallagher has already spent whole seasons on loan at Swansea and West Brom. Whether he'd come to us or not over any other given football team I don't know, but I'm pretty sure London won't be the deciding factor.

Obviously money comes into it, but I think he will mostly be swayed by whatever is best for him from a footballing point of view, that's the type he seems anyway.

It's not even as if he was born or grew up in London.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Gallagher has already spent whole seasons on loan at Swansea and West Brom. Whether he'd come to us or not over any other given football team I don't know, but I'm pretty sure London won't be the deciding factor.

Obviously money comes into it, but I think he will mostly be swayed by whatever is best for him from a footballing point of view, that's the type he seems anyway.

It's not even as if he was born or grew up in London.

I think Gerrard would be a pull given the positions both play, if Everton managed to pay the readies Lampard would be a pull for the same reason plus Chelsea connection. 

if he left I think we’d have a chance but there would be a lot of clubs in for him. Bigger issue would be, is he what we want?, he plays as a 8 for sure but a very different one to Phillips and Bissouma who the other CMs we’ve been linked with. 

I’d love him here, think he’s got huge potential but I don’t think we are adding a lot of bodies and it seems we want another destroyer rather than an attacking minded box to box. 

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was on loan at WBA and Swansea from Chelsea, so that suggests that he’s not

Yeah but loan is different from a permanent move for a number of reasons but it’s certainly a good sign

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I think Gerrard would be a pull given the positions both play, if Everton managed to pay the readies Lampard would be a pull for the same reason plus Chelsea connection. 

if he left I think we’d have a chance but there would be a lot of clubs in for him. Bigger issue would be, is he what we want?, he plays as a 8 for sure but a very different one to Phillips and Bissouma who the other CMs we’ve been linked with. 

I’d love him here, think he’s got huge potential but I don’t think we are adding a lot of bodies and it seems we want another destroyer rather than an attacking minded box to box. 

I thought the fans want another destroyer but aren’t the hints from the club suggest Gerrard wants an 8

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I thought the fans want another destroyer but aren’t the hints from the club suggest Gerrard wants an 8

No idea but links to Bissouma and Phillips seemed to be strongest ones I’ve seen.