Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

9 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

So quiet at the moment, no wonder people are restless because we still need 2 maybe 3 first team players and there are no links except to Bale which I am expecting and hoping to be complete bull. I see Manure fans planned to stage a protest at the CEO's house yesterday due to lack of transfer activity, they're similar to Everton fans.

I think we still need four new signings, with 2 or 3 to go into the first team:

CB (sell Hause and maybe even Mings although I know many won't like that)

LB

CM

FW

My picks would be any of the following:

CB (left footed) - Ake, Botman, Lisandro Martinez (the last 2 linked heavily with Newcastle and Arsenal)

LB - Merlin, Gomez or Hickey

CM - Gallagher, Auoar, Koopmeiners, Sangare, Majer 

ST - David, Guedes

If the club think we can go into next season with what we currently have, we'll do well to finish top 10 IMO. Those are the type of signings that can push us on to top 7 which is where we need to be next season. 

Bit worried about your choice for a striker. I think David Geddis may be past his best now

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Do we actually have any targets or are we going to sleepwalk to the start of the season again without sufficient strengthening of the squad. Lange I am looking at you 

i'm confused as to what's real and what's fake gif | WiffleGif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, duke313 said:

I know it’s betting odds but we’re favourites to sign Ox. No deal unless it’s a low transfer fee with add ons and pay as you play deal. 

I'm not doubting he's a quality player but is he really what we need? Unless McGinn was to leave that is.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don’t think we need a CB, unless it’s someone like Bassey who can play LB or CB. Four CBs should be enough. Mings, Carlos, Konsa, Chambers. Presumably Hause will leave.

If Bassey was available for 10-15m then yes, but Rangers are living in cloud cuckoo land and want 25m+ which is ridiculous for a player who's had one good season and not played outside Scotland.

For me, I think we're at a stage where we could potentially upgrade Mings given what is currently available on the market and think we should pounce despite what Mings has done for us. Mings' contract is also up in 2024 so we could potentially get some decent dough for him if we cash in now. Just my opinion.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nicho said:

Brighton have just paid £9 million for an 18 year old Paraguan Striker called Julio Cesar Enciso. The exact kind of football manager business I want us to do. 

and we just got Rory Wilson for a fraction of that, think we won that one based on risk and potential

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It seems good when it comes off but it’s actually the kind of transfer approach we did in Lerners later years. Great until we see them play.

In our present situation we have two experienced PL goal scorers. Ok last season was disappointing but I think we were still 8th highest goal scorers. Our problems are well documented,  we have already addressed that to some extent and seem to be keen to do more. 

For strikers we already have an extremely promising academy player and have just signed another in Rory Wilson. We can add in, the still virtually unknown, potential “new signing”, Leon Bailey.  Brighton struggled for goals last season and have just spent £9m on a risky prospect. Their strength last season was ball retention but they’ve just sold their strongest midfielder for I’d imagine a disappointing fee. I think our approach is different, the investment starts younger, is bigger and gives more chance of finding true first team players or players that will bring reinvestment value in the market. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It seems good when it comes off but it’s actually the kind of transfer approach we did in Lerners later years. Great until we see them play.

Last season

Gana PSG 

Veretout Roma

Adama Traore loan at Barcelona 

Think them signings actually weren't the problem. Even Ayew played for a team that finished above us and Amavi will be playing European football next season 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

and we just got Rory Wilson for a fraction of that, think we won that one based on risk and potential

In fairness Enciso has 10 international caps, played continental football and has about 80 career games under his belt.

He is way ahead of Rory Wilson development, probably even ahead of Barry

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I do think that we’ll end up signing Oxlaide Chamberlain. Just a thought.

Which would make me sick and everything people feared from the manager getting appointed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I do think that we’ll end up signing Oxlaide Chamberlain. Just a thought.

Agreed, although some think (including me) we need to improve the starting XI in the number 8 roles, McGinn and Ramsey are possibly Gerrards favourite players. More likely to go for a depth signing he trusts more than Sanson/Luiz

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Which would make me sick and everything people feared from the manager getting appointed

When we signed Coutinho = Gerrard masterclass 

If we sign Ox = why did we appoint an ex liverpool captain 🤬

😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In fairness Enciso has 10 international caps, played continental football and has about 80 career games under his belt.

He is way ahead of Rory Wilson development, probably even ahead of Barry

But on the same note, how will that translate to English football, will he settle in this country whereas Rory smashing the scoring charts and from the UK.  I think the risk profile is far less

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Isn’t he like 15? Hardly the same.

Are you kidding? An 18 year old Paraguayan kid vs a16 year old Scottish kid but it’s not the same. 

Can’t see that the Paraguayan league is that good after doing some research on it just

Or do you want to compare him to 20 year old Cameron Archer?

Essentially we’ve just brought a young Scottish kid for peanuts with massive potential and they’ve spent a bundle on a South American kid with massive potential, certainly scope there for comparison.  Odds are we have the better deal.

Edited by nick76