Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Oxlade Chamberlain ? No, No, No

1) Injury Prone
2) Quality player but wage for (Number 1) ^ 
3) we have good attack midfields if he join he should be back up to Buendia or Coutinho, when better he should off other club to play regular, not with us.

Good Attack midfield but I don't rate him at Centre Midfields roles

when we have good AJ "Arron" Ramsey to give a chance for Attack Midfields and CC too.

we should focus at other Centre Midfielder.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There is a bigger picture at play here, and why wouldn't he " develop ".

It would be more " rotation " than backup IMO. Plus training, playing and observing at a higher level from better players.

I always have to repeat, how do the top clubs constantly do this?

The fear of having strong competetion all over the pitch because they " might not start " is still bizarre to me.

I'd rather have the luxury of having very good players in the squad who might be " frustrated " than having Salifou as back up.

It's frustrating not seeing Sanson get minutes, or Buendia on the bench sometimes, but I tell you what?

I'd much rather have that luxury, than to see them starting at a PL rival, and having a massive dropoff in quality on the bench.

It's also been noted multiple times that the kid can cover more than one position so that alone boosts his chances, and value.

You could do this, or wait for them to go to a rival instead and watch their value triple.

This is also future proofing to a certain extent IMO.

It's one thing the club wanting this, it's another for players like Digne and Hickley agreeing to it. 

I don't think Digne signed in January to rotate with a young kid. He literally said a few weeks back that he feels he's coming into his prime. 

• Like 3

This might sound wrong i love stevie G being at villa for the players he can bring in there seems to be no limit in his powers of luring the worlds best here but after seeing someone like poch leaving PSG id feel no way about bringing him straight in to continue the works to bring us into that next tier 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RicRic said:

This might sound wrong i love stevie G being at villa for the players he can bring in there seems to be no limit in his powers of luring the worlds best here but after seeing someone like poch leaving PSG id feel no way about bringing him straight in to continue the works to bring us into that next tier 

If I was Purslow I'd back channel something to Poch agent just in case things go tits up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RicRic said:

It's the lack of punctuation that does it! 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Her fiancé is something of a Villa fan though (mate of mine used to watch the games with him when they were at uni in Boston) so it’s another route to our eventual domination of all world governments. As you say it’s one for the Secret Villa Government thread in off topic.

who are you on about

If we bring in Oxlade-Chamberlain, it's probably to replace Sanson. I'd rather we keep Sanson instead but if Gerrard doesn't rate him, I wouldn't mind this instead.

Young has been released, El Ghazi and Trezeguet are very likely gone, and rumours are that Traore may be too.  Which does leave is a bit lacking in this department. Oxlade-Chamberlain would be useful cover here.

But yeah, we definitely to let go of some players first before we bring him in if we do.

Edit: Probably spells the end of Carney too. I don't see him any more likely to break into this squad than last season's. He needs a loan.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Of all the places on the internet I thought I could go to without a debate about AOC breaking out....

No debate, just simps outing themselves. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

If I was Purslow I'd back channel something to Poch agent just in case things go tits up.

100% a proper project manager.
Steven Gerrard will never be as good a manager.

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Gerrard has already won the same amount of League titles as Poch. Just stating facts. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WHY said:

Gerrard has already won the same amount of League titles as Poch. Just stating facts. 

The problem with the statement is that you are 'just stating facts', without context,  by just stating facts they lose a significant amount of their value

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I agree with the first part, jury still out on the second part. Would I swap Gerrard for Poch tomorrow if the opportunity presented itself? I probably would, but I do like what Gerrard is doing for Villa. 

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

I like him but where would he fit for us?  In the middle attack behind the 9 we already have Coutinho and Buendia and we are struggling to fit both in and then as a winger, well we don’t play with wingers and if we did we have the likes of Bailey and Traore already.  I like the kid but we are overloaded in the positions he mostly plays so I’d rather a straight out No.9.  Good shout though just bad timing for the squad!

But we need options, especially with 5 subs now allowed, rotation and cover and four 10's/wide players - Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey and Johnson/Madueke would work? I'm hoping Bertie is off ... Love him when he's on but the other 66% of the times he brings little and is not good enough for an aspiring top 8 team.

57 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Time will tell and I have my doubts. But his mere presence is improving the outlook of the club, so he gets some leeway from me. But the owners will demand better results so the pressure will there in spades.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There is a bigger picture at play here, and why wouldn't he " develop ".

It would be more " rotation " than backup IMO. Plus training, playing and observing at a higher level from better players.

I always have to repeat, how do the top clubs constantly do this?

The fear of having strong competetion all over the pitch because they " might not start " is still bizarre to me.

I'd rather have the luxury of having very good players in the squad who might be " frustrated " than having Salifou as back up.

It's frustrating not seeing Sanson get minutes, or Buendia on the bench sometimes, but I tell you what?

I'd much rather have that luxury, than to see them starting at a PL rival, and having a massive dropoff in quality on the bench.

It's also been noted multiple times that the kid can cover more than one position so that alone boosts his chances, and value.

You could do this, or wait for them to go to a rival instead and watch their value triple.

This is also future proofing to a certain extent IMO.

I completely believe we need strength in depth, but it should be remembered that the league position is going to be driven by the players who play the most minutes, not the ones watching on from the stands, and therefore that’s where the priority should always be.

An expensive back up left back is a “nice to have”, not essential and I can’t see it having a material impact on our league position in most cases, as there is no tactical gain in switching that position and fatigue is unlikely to be an issue. The only exception is if there is an unexpected serious injury which is why you need someone competent but you can’t over commit to that one possibility.

£18-20m might not sound like much to some fans, but some basic maths will tell you only 5 players in that bracket and you’re up to £100m, a hell of a lot of money for players who probably aren’t going to make a particularly tangible difference to our final league position

• Like 1