Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is it the same Diaby which was at Arsenal?

All I know is that Leverkusen have an emphasis on players which are lightning fast 

Like you said, only we could manage to break ours before proper use 😂

Different Diaby, this one is one of the countless that the PSG academy has produced and Leonardo has discarded. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Different Diaby, this one is one of the countless that the PSG academy has produced and Leonardo has discarded. 

Similar to the " Mendy " factory.

Their are so many of them, and unfortunately, they all share a resemblance to the City one.

24 minutes ago, sne said:

I thought at the time that Diaby (and paulinho) was the reason leverkusen were willing to let Bailey go, 13 goals and 12 assists in 32 games last season, from the little I've seen he's same kind of player as Bailey, quick and direct

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought at the time that Diaby (and paulinho) was the reason leverkusen were willing to let Bailey go, 13 goals and 12 assists in 32 games last season, from the little I've seen he's same kind of player as Bailey, quick and direct

He might be too young but I kinda suspect he might be someone Liverpool goes for if Mané forces a move to Bayern.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

He might be too young but I kinda suspect he might be someone Liverpool goes for if Mané forces a move to Bayern.

Might be a good shout, not seen enough to know if he's at that level, he's played Europe before, they'd have a couple of years before he would need to be a key player there 

At £40m a move to Newcastle sounds potentially great business for them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I’ll be disappointed if that’s it.  It’s a fabulous start don’t get me wrong but we are targeting Europe, which bringing Gerrard in would suggest, then I hope we “really wanted” some others and it’s only because they’ll take a bit longer to get that we don’t have them shortly.  I can’t imagine Kamara thinking wow, when the only additional “wanted” recruitment was Carlos.  There has to be more to convince him.

Well, yeah. I mean, this seems like a very measured assessment, and very patient, and I feel like we should be past that now. We still need a forward who will consistently score goals. We're bringing in about 50-55 goals a season, and we need to up that to 65 or so if we want to get into Europe, I would think. I don't care about "marquee" signings and names, etc. Ten more goals next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Yes definitely. I think we have signed the three we really wanted and now it’ll be a case of seeing who we can move on and who comes up available at what price. I’m sure there will be one or two more but I think they prioritised the key ones and will now take a more relaxed/reactive approach.

I think we get at least 1 - 2 more in minimum IMO.

SG did say " We got big pieces of the jigsaw together while people were sleeping ".

So on that front you are correct I think, we won't be panic signing but I highly doubt we are done.

Obviously the problem now will be there likes of Newcastle and others going mental in the market.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Obviously the problem now will be there likes of Newcastle and others going mental in the market.

So much money is going to be spent this summer….

Chelsea - New owners saying possibly £200 million transfer kitty.

Spurs - Conte promised major funds, £150m cash injection by owners confirmed.

Newcastle obviously.

Man Utd - new manager rebuild.

Man City - big spenders just because they can.

One of the promoted teams will try and spend £100m to stay up.

Liverpool trying to catch Man City.

Everyone else will spend around £50m just to keep up and stand still.

I think prices will go crazy near the end of the transfer window.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So much money is going to be spent this summer….

Chelsea - New owners saying possibly £200 million transfer kitty.

Spurs - Conte promised major funds, £150m cash injection by owners confirmed.

Newcastle obviously.

Man Utd - new manager rebuild.

Man City - big spenders just because they can.

One of the promoted teams will try and spend £100m to stay up.

Liverpool trying to catch Man City.

Everyone else will spend around £50m just to keep up and stand still.

I think prices will go crazy near the end of the transfer window.

But Chelsea, Spurs, Man U, Man City and Liverpool aren’t fishing in the same player pools as us are they mostly.  I’m staggered we got Kamara but we stole a march on others but generally the players they look at only want Champions League football or a club like Man U.  Our competition is more the Newcastle, West Ham’s of the world, how that will affect prices, who knows!

47 minutes ago, thabucks said:

More clickbait regarding Konrad Laimer from Leipzig - would be a great signing but cannot see it happening. Think I’d prefer him to Bissouma 

33 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Bayern Munich bound.

What a Laimer

52 minutes ago, messi11 said:

What a boring transfer window so far. come on villa sign someone 

We’ve signed 3 players already and we’re not even in June, just as I’m typing this I’m thinking that you’re being sarcastic, I could be wrong 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But Chelsea, Spurs, Man U, Man City and Liverpool aren’t fishing in the same player pools as us are they mostly.  I’m staggered we got Kamara but we stole a march on others but generally the players they look at only want Champions League football or a club like Man U.  Our competition is more the Newcastle, West Ham’s of the world, how that will affect prices, who knows!

Agreed. We have managed to get Kamara and Carlos by being the first out of the gate and then letting the king of the living room Gerrard work his magic and sell the project. 

We will get priced out of some deals going forward i am sure , but so far i thinknwe have seen that our recruitment team is very persuasive . Far more than ever before 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Well, yeah. I mean, this seems like a very measured assessment, and very patient, and I feel like we should be past that now. We still need a forward who will consistently score goals. We're bringing in about 50-55 goals a season, and we need to up that to 65 or so if we want to get into Europe, I would think. I don't care about "marquee" signings and names, etc. Ten more goals next year.

A world class striker is an expensive way of getting goals. Spending large parts of the budget on one super striker feels a bit outdated imo, better to have more players contribute. Makes the team less vulnerable too.

Man U was the only top 6 club where the top scorer was a traditional centre forward this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

More clickbait regarding Konrad Laimer from Leipzig - would be a great signing but cannot see it happening. Think I’d prefer him to Bissouma 

That would be amazing..

Wait... who?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We signed 3 players already and we’re not even in June, just as I’m typing this I’m thinking that you’re being sarcastic, I could be wrong 

We're nearly in June