Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Hause has been class every time he's been called on. He's titanic in the air and he has a goal in him too. 

He's been kept out of the side by an established England international. Take a look at this seasons promoted sides, would Hause walk into those defences? Absolutely yes.

When we came up we paid £20m for a player who had barely had a run at his last two sides, had a fairly dire injury record and was being outcast by the football titans Bournemouth. Hause is worth a lot more than £2m. 

Hause for me is worth £8m to £10m. He does get injured quite a bit and ultimately is a back up player in a midtable team. For me he is indeed a good back up when fit. But ultimately if he isn't getting regular game time he can't show how good he really is. Consistency is what pushes values up, Hause hasn't had the game time to prove he can be consistenly good at this level. I think we do well to get more than 6m for him.

If we can keep him, we should. He is one we should only sell if he wants out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Hause £15m! We’ll get £2-3m for him, he’s never been first choice so why would a promoted team pay £15m for someone proven to be not good enough to get regular game time for a mid table side

Watch what happens in the summer. He signed a new contract. 10 mill minimum. As i said left footers are a premium. 2 to 3 million is for players who are 30 and in the last year of a contract. The irony is that if he was right footed he would have played alot more. He is up against our Captain for a place . 

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Hause has been class every time he's been called on. He's titanic in the air and he has a goal in him too. 

He's been kept out of the side by an established England international. Take a look at this seasons promoted sides, would Hause walk into those defences? Absolutely yes.

When we came up we paid £20m for a player who had barely had a run at his last two sides, had a fairly dire injury record and was being outcast by the football titans Bournemouth. Hause is worth a lot more than £2m. 

For comparison of a left footed defender, albeit one who plays every week, Dan Burn was just signed by the richest club in the world for £13m. We would accept an offer of about £5m I’d say.

If the board are serious they'll be looking 

26 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Watch what happens in the summer. He signed a new contract. 10 mill minimum. As i said left footers are a premium. 2 to 3 million is for players who are 30 and in the last year of a contract. The irony is that if he was right footed he would have played alot more. He is up against our Captain for a place . 

I actually think Hause could do very well for a newly promoted or top Championship team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If the board are serious they'll be looking 

I actually think Hause could do very well for a newly promoted or top Championship team.

Yep. He has huge strength and is just as good as Mings in the air.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yep. He has huge strength and is just as good as Mings in the air.  

I'd argue he's much better than Mings in the air mate.

I'd say he's the strongest in the air of the whole squad though to be fair.

• Like 2

We would NEVER in a million years get 20 million for Hause! We would be looking at getting 5 to 10 million for our forth choice centre back.

I don't think we would sell him anyway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tommytenjobs said:

Went the Arsenal Leeds game today with my step dad who’s a gunner. Some thoughts…

1) Phillips is not the answer to our needs. Certainly not for the prices touted. All he had to do all game was sit on odeguard, and he couldn’t get near him. 

2) Harrison would be an amazing addition if we decided to revert back to our previous strategies of playing with wingers and width. Huge upgrade on Bailey from what I’ve seen so far.

3) if arsenal are comfortably 4th….we can get there next year, they’re no great shakes!

Harrison over Raphina?

I’m really not arsed on signing any forwards this summer. All my attention is on the defence and midfield.

Even if we sold, Wesley/Davis/AEG/Trez and didn’t sign Coutinho I’d still spend the all the available funds on midfield and defence 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Harrison over Raphina?

Yup. Work rate. Composure. Resilience. All better…..on the one game I saw live🙄

he was a constant outlet and threat second half, when they were down to ten and just two banks of five. Harrison kept getting away and moving them up the field with the ball at his feet. Fighting for every moment that they could not defending. Raphina stropped around, nearly got sent off for dissent and was in tomiasos back pocket…..until being subbed off at 70 mins. 

As I said though , just one game not a full scouting report! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tommytenjobs said:

Yup. Work rate. Composure. Resilience. All better…..on the one game I saw live🙄

he was a constant outlet and threat second half, when they were down to ten and just two banks of five. Harrison kept getting away and moving them up the field with the ball at his feet. Fighting for every moment that they could not defending. Raphina stropped around, nearly got sent off for dissent and was in tomiasos back pocket…..until being subbed off at 70 mins. 

As I said though , just one game not a full scouting report! 

I've seen him play vs us and then brief bits of games here and there when nothing better was on 

I agree, I've seen him have 10 mi ute spells where he's been absolutely unplayable followed by spells of forgetting he's on the pitch, he gets subbed a fair bit I think 

A top top team or Brazil might sort him out but I've not seen anything to suggest he wouldnt be inconsistent for us or any better than what we have 

And for the price Leeds will want for him, even if they go down, he's not worth it

19 hours ago, hippo said:

Not a fan and probably never will be.

But to be fair his points haul since taking over mid season is decent. He's done it in a weird - a run victories followed by a run of defeats.

I can't really criticise his points haul so far. My fear has always been that he will undertake a massive overhaul in the summer - rather than add to what imo is already  decent squad of players.

We definitely need a CDM - Ollie + Ings have recently found there shooting boots - but another striker wouldn't go amiss in my book.

I don't think the current squad is far off being a decent team. I just hope we don't tear it up and start again based on a whim from Stevie G.

there are going to be minimum 7 outgoings this summer. wesley, trez, el ghazi, guilbert, targett, hause, davis. that's before you start talking about the probable outgoings of traore and sanson and the possible ones of chuk, luiz and konsa bringing the number up to 12. probably forgotten one or 2 others there too.

that could easily be defined as an overhaul in itself. i don't know why you think he's going to sanction further outgoings.

I think a Loan is exactly what we should do with Hause. We can recall him if there is an injury crisis. His value is one that will grow playing regular football as we all know how good he is. Plus if he impresses and we get European football we might want to keep him around with the more games we'll play. He signed a contract until 2025 so lets not sell him this summer. Unless we get a bid over 10m for him

• Like 3

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

I’m really not arsed on signing any forwards this summer. All my attention is on the defence and midfield.

Even if we sold, Wesley/Davis/AEG/Trez and didn’t sign Coutinho I’d still spend the all the available funds on midfield and defence 

I do think we need another CF as it seems clear we are very good with one 10 and two strikers and we have to change formation whenever one comes off. We really need Archer + 1 for a full squad. 

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

there are going to be minimum 7 outgoings this summer. wesley, trez, el ghazi, guilbert, targett, hause, davis. that's before you start talking about the probable outgoings of traore and sanson and the possible ones of chuk, luiz and konsa bringing the number up to 12. probably forgotten one or 2 others there too.

that could easily be defined as an overhaul in itself. i don't know why you think he's going to sanction further outgoings.

Hause isn't leaving considering he just signed a new contract this January, but agreed on the rest. 

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd argue he's much better than Mings in the air mate.

I'd say he's the strongest in the air of the whole squad though to be fair.

Agreed. I don't think I've ever seen him lose a defensive aerial duel. The man is a beast.

He struggles when players with fast acceleration are 1 on 1 with him. Son turned him inside out when we played Spurs back in October, for example.

Other than that, I'd trust him against most lower table sides and, evidently, Man Utd...

Edited by Beastmix

17 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Hause isn't leaving considering he just signed a new contract this January, but agreed on the rest. 

I think that was a situation to benefit both parties. He wasn't going to be allowed leave as we only had 3 CBs. We held an option to extend his contract for a year in summer also. So we offered a new contract on higher wages but a 2 year extension. He gets secured higher wages (probably a significant increase over his last contract) likely a chance to get a Loan or Perm move in summer still. Loan seems the best to me but we may want to take a perm offer if the money is right

39 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

there was an article the other day saying he wants to leave and that a move to watford fell through in jan. i'm not reading too much into the new contract

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10794293/Aston-Villa-hold-talks-Marseilles-Boubacar-Kamara-free-agent-eyes-England-move.html

Meanwhile, Villa defender Kortney Hause is keen for a fresh start. The 26-year-old saw a move to Watford fall through in January and has struggled for game time under Gerrard.

Edited by tomav84

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Harrison over Raphina?

I’d have Raphinha! Tiny bit aggressive in some ways, but, passionate for sure! 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1