Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 in 10 out 

Ins : Attila 30 mill / Coutinho 33 mill / Phillips 50 mill / Olsen 3.5 mill   

116 mill total 

Bring Archer back into the squad . 

Outs : Davis 8 / Guilbert 5 / El Ghazi 5 / Trez 5 / Targett 12 / traore 12 / konsa 20 / Chuk 15 / Luiz 20 

102 mill total 

Strengthen defence midfield and attack . 

And get £ 23 mill from academy products which is what we are going to need to do alot more of . 

I do not think we can get better strikers at the moment for where we are in the league than Ings and Watkins. 

Highly unlikely we will get Phillips as well but worth a go . 

46 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Unpopular opinion.
I’d take Zaha in a heartbeat.

Fits the profile, nearly 30 so qualifies for pensioner status. Can he barely move though?

Apologies if posted already, but I've just seen this.

John ain't going nowhere lol.

To be fair, he is MUCH better when he can go forward.

If we are binning traditional wing play. Say A supporting top 3 of McGinn | Buendia | Ramsey behind a striker is a shit load of energy.

FB_IMG_1651525188258.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

I know McGinn has become the new scapegoat a little bit lately but Luiz is the midfielder we should be selling this summer if he won't sign a new deal. 

As we bought McGinn for just £3m it's also easier to gradually phase him into a bit-part player too if his performances don't improve.

Luiz out for £25-35m (can't imagine we get over £30m with one year left but was only a few months ago we were turning down that amount) and buy a proper 6 and we immediately look more balanced.

I think we need someone to comepte with McGinn though if we don't believe Sanson is up to it. Or more defensive 8 to replace Luiz so we have more options than McGinn, Bissouma would be ideal.

8 hours ago, STO said:

I wonder if we might bring in two DCM's?  We don't have a habit of stockpiling players but if Nakamba was to leave, we'd only have Iroegbunam as the natural DCM.  Ndidi is a good call as he is a very good player.   

YES to two DCM's.

No way are we signing Ndidi, he isn't going to want to come to us and we aren't going to spend the 60 million or thereabouts to sign him.

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

4 in 10 out 

Ins : Attila 30 mill / Coutinho 33 mill / Phillips 50 mill / Olsen 3.5 mill   

116 mill total 

Bring Archer back into the squad . 

Outs : Davis 8 / Guilbert 5 / El Ghazi 5 / Trez 5 / Targett 12 / traore 12 / konsa 20 / Chuk 15 / Luiz 20 

102 mill total 

Strengthen defence midfield and attack . 

And get £ 23 mill from academy products which is what we are going to need to do alot more of . 

I do not think we can get better strikers at the moment for where we are in the league than Ings and Watkins. 

Highly unlikely we will get Phillips as well but worth a go . 

I want a massive turn over of players in the midfield and defence positions.

I am not too worried about upfront at the moment and believe we can fix most of our attacking play based on the 8 behind the front 3.

I would love Kondogbia but this is very different to the previous rumour of a fee around €15-20m. 

He last moved for near £30m in 2015 when he signed for Inter at 22. They sold him for £19m in 2018 to Valencia, who sold him to Atleti in 2020 for £14m.

£30m now would be an outrageous over payment imo. And whilst we would likely need to pay him more than he's earning at Atleti to sway him to join. Triple would be nuts.

I believe we're interested but this report must be BS

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I would love Kondogbia but this is very different to the previous rumour of a fee around €15-20m. 

He last moved for near £30m in 2015 when he signed for Inter at 22. They sold him for £19m in 2018 to Valencia, who sold him to Atleti in 2020 for £14m.

£30m now would be an outrageous over payment imo. And whilst we would likely need to pay him more than he's earning at Atleti to sway him to join. Triple would be nuts.

I believe we're interested but this report must be BS

Triple salary sounds generous, Capology claims to have verified he’s at £110k per week now.

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Triple salary sounds generous, Capology claims to have verified he’s at £110k per week now.

Yeah a few of the rumour sites claim he's after £100-£120k a week which I think would be well worthwhile.

Also if Atleti get Kamara on a free I think £15-18m is a steal for them. Gets Kondogbia off their books, they replace him for free and get all their money back to put into Kamaras wages and signing on fees. It's a win-win if we lose out on Kamara to them.

£30m would be too high, on a 4 year deal we would be paying probably £7.5m a year in amortisation - I reckon if we just plugged that size fee or a touch more to Kamara as a signing fee it probably secures him anyway and we'd be better off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah a few of the rumour sites claim he's after £100-£120k a week which I think would be well worthwhile.

Also if Atleti get Kamara on a free I think £15-18m is a steal for them. Gets Kondogbia off their books, they replace him for free and get all their money back to put into Kamaras wages and signing on fees. It's a win-win if we lose out on Kamara to them.

£30m would be too high, on a 4 year deal we would be paying probably £7.5m a year in amortisation - I reckon if we just plugged that size fee or a touch more to Kamara as a signing fee it probably secures him anyway and we'd be better off.

Sounds far fetched Villa would offer him £330K per week, that's more than Kante makes at Chelsea.

• Like 1