Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Richarlison is only 24 and played a lot of football at a top level already. He’s a good player, it’s just his attitude stinks a bit.

Calvert-Lewin has only just turned 25 but has had season of injuries. I also think he’s a decent player, although I’m aware many on here don’t rate him.

However, I wouldn’t so no to either player.

Edited by ferguson1

If we want to go all out in the Summer and really push on, we could be looking at something like this:

---------------------------------New--------------------------------
----------------Buendia--------------Coutinho--------------
------------------------------Ramsey-----------------------------
---------------------New-----------------New--------------------
Digne--------------Mings--------New----------------Cash
------------------------------Martinez-----------------------------

Or, if we're looking for a formation change..

----Buendia------------Coutinho-----------------New----

Either way, we need two new defensive midfielders as an absolute priority to play the way we want to play under Gerrard, otherwise we'll get ripped apart time and time again - especially on the break. The Spurs game is the best example of that happening this season.

Players in, in priority order:
DM
DM
CB
ST
AML/AMR

I think we'll see a net spend of 100-120m this Summer. A lot of players will leave. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we want to go all out in the Summer and really push on, we could be looking at something like this:

Either way, we need two new defensive midfielders as an absolute priority to play the way we want to play under Gerrard, otherwise we'll get ripped apart time and time again - especially on the break. The Spurs game is the best example of that happening this season.

DM
DM
CB
ST
AML/AMR

I think we'll see a net spend of 100-120m this Summer. A lot of players will leave. 

Think that’s a fair assessment, with 5 new players coming in. No doubt 5 or 6 leaving and several going out on loan again. 

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

DM
DM
CB
ST
AML/AMR

Wouldn’t your first suggestion be a slight formation change as well, we don’t use two DMs now?

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Wouldn’t your first suggestion be a slight formation change as well, we don’t use two DMs now?

Yeh, you're probably right actually. It's actually a flat three with Ramsey and McGinn tucking in when the Fullbacks bomb on.
I think Gerrard wants to allow Ramsey more freedom which is why he'll try to bring in two physical, defensive mids. 

FWIW, I don't like the current formation. I'd like to see us go back to a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

They paid 50 million for him and previously rejected 85 million for him from Barcelona 

Two very stupid clubs right there.

Barca to bid, and Everton to reject. £85m ffs.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

DM
DM
CB
ST
AML/AMR

I reckon your first formation layout and requirements are accurate and most likely.

Still don't see how we are going to be able to create realistic financial package for Coutinho unless he's willing to walk away from the £22.5m or so in salaries that Barca are in for him next season.

52 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

DM
DM
CB
ST
AML/AMR

Are we considering using Chambers in the defence at any point? Genuine question, as I have to leave team names and their formation to more knowledgeable people than me.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Still don't see how we are going to be able to create realistic financial package for Coutinho unless he's willing to walk away from the £22.5m or so in salaries that Barca are in for him next season.

If Coutinho wants to come to Villa on a reasonable wage packet, and only Villa, then Barcelona will have their hands tied a little.

Personally, it's the transfer fee that bugs me the most. I'd be more than happy for him to have 200k a week if there were no fee. Over 3 years, that's roughly £30m, which isn't too bad if there is no £30m fee up front too!

3 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

Are we considering using Chambers in the defence at any point? Genuine question, as I have to leave team names and their formation to more knowledgeable people than me.

I think he was bought in as a back up originally but right now, I'd probably prefer him to Konsa. I think we'll move Hause on in the Summer and bring someone in to play alongside Mings. Mings has actually had a good season on the whole. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Coutinho wants to come to Villa on a reasonable wage packet, and only Villa, then Barcelona will have their hands tied a little.

Personally, it's the transfer fee that bugs me the most. I'd be more than happy for him to have 200k a week if there were no fee. Over 3 years, that's roughly £30m, which isn't too bad if there is no £30m fee up front too!

He's currently on £430k-480k/w according to the reports and has 1 year left on that deal. No way can we take over that deal so he either has to make a deal with Barca to cover part of his salary again. Or walk away from a lot of money for the privilege to come here. He's loaded, he might feel he's OK with that.

But then as you say there is the fee. £33m unless we can haggle. The guy is brilliant with the ball at his feet, but without it he's not much help to the rest of the team. Do we think we will be a team that is able to get him involved or will it be more of the same next season? 

It's a lot of money for a nice to have if we are going to play the same type of low possession, weak passing, no ideas football. Obviously I hope we play a better brand of football going forward.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

He's currently on £430k-480k/w according to the reports and has 1 year left on that deal. No way can we take over that deal so he either has to make a deal with Barca to cover part of his salary again. Or walk away from a lot of money for the privilege to come here. He's loaded, he might feel he's OK with that.

But then as you say there is the fee. £33m unless we can haggle. The guy is brilliant with the ball at his feet, but without it he's not much help to the rest of the team. Do we think we will be a team that is able to get him involved or will it be more of the same next season? 

It's a lot of money for a nice to have if we are going to play the same type of low possession, weak passing, no ideas football. Obviously I hope we play a better brand of football going forward.

I think Barcelona need a fee for FFP reasons which might be an issue. Alternative is send them a player we can say we value at a similar cost which they have done before 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think Barcelona need a fee for FFP reasons which might be an issue. Alternative is send them a player we can say we value at a similar cost which they have done before 

Maybe they can take Digne back :D Jordi Alba is a disgrace these days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

We would be lucky to get 2m for wesley as it stands

I was desperately trying to be positive but you really could see he wasn't a £20m player very early. He is/was barely a Championship striker, regardless of any injury.

• Like 1